In The Courts

The sniff is way worse than any drink for lads losing control , you’d have more chance putting down King Kong than a lad on the bag . Nightclubs have died across the country. Also lads will get charged for getting in a punch up a lot easier now than back in the day when the likely solution after a scuffle would be the bouncer telling one party to drink upstairs in the nightclub and the other to say downstairs . Camera phones also means any incident will be filmed .

1 Like

I did serious campaigning in Dundrum in late 90s. When they did it up all fancy, we stopped going. The bus to Dundrum on a Saturday night was some craic.

What was the bus home like?

1 Like

The big bus was usually grand but someone puked at the back of the mini bus one night and it was fairly fucking horrendous.

Is there any real nightclubs left in country towns?

1 Like

And they don’t go out half as much

Remember a lad arguing with the bus driver one night as to why he needed to pay the fare as the bus driver was “going out his way anyway”.

7 Likes
1 Like

Speaking of night clubs I heard you were an awful man to cause trouble in Club Sarah and Deep/hollywood nights back in the day . They say you always brought your manners to Marleys though :eyes:

2 Likes

Night :owl: s - Irelands only laser disc nightclub

3 Likes

Dangerous place of a Sunday night . Some bad bagels used to rock in to finish off the weekend

1 Like

Not to hijack the thread but can anyone tell me what was the name of the nightclub in Charleville? Down in the middle of the town? A bus used to go round east limerick and we’d all pile on and head off. Very popular with 5/6th years which probably explains why my leaving cert was like a bad Eurovision entry… nul points

1 Like

Madonnas then morphed into the Venue.

3 Likes

When Ranelagh had some grit

1 Like

Have the Far Right save ireland types starting protesting at the house of that chap from Ardnacrusha yet?

By God, you think you’ve seen and read it all on TFK and then you see something like this :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

The people of Ireland are not pleased and have Eddie Vedder on their side too.

This is a movement.

Georgina Odonnell got shot dead in the Henry Cecil by her jilted boyfriend mid to late 90s id say.

Mark Cronin was the fella who shot her but he wasn’t known to her. he went in to shoot his wife, missed, and hit that girl.

No, they’re now blaming the victim, calling her an actor and that this is all being pushed by NGOs.

1 Like