In The Courts

Story on the radio this morning about a man who raped his 14 year-old sister-in-law a number of times over a number of months. He would normally have been sentenced to 7 years in prison according to the judge, but because he has 2 autistic children the judge has decided it would be too disruptive to imprison him so he has received no custodial sentence.

Seems a very strange and unique logic to apply to this case. One would think that the majority of people who come before the courts for custodial sentences have some sort of family issues that might not be best helped by their incarceration. The judge referred to his autistic children as “mitigating circumstances” which is warped logic to me. They may be factors in terms of sentencing (rightly or wrongly) but they’re hardly factors that change the crime or its effects on the victim. The victim is furious with the sentence and understandably so.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 784451, member: 1”]Story on the radio this morning about a man who raped his 14 year-old sister-in-law a number of times over a number of months. He would normally have been sentenced to 7 years in prison according to the judge, but because he has 2 autistic children the judge has decided it would be too disruptive to imprison him so he has received no custodial sentence.

Seems a very strange and unique logic to apply to this case. One would think that the majority of people who come before the courts for custodial sentences have some sort of family issues that might not be best helped by their incarceration. The judge referred to his autistic children as “mitigating circumstances” which is warped logic to me. They may be factors in terms of sentencing (rightly or wrongly) but they’re hardly factors that change the crime or its effects on the victim. The victim is furious with the sentence and understandably so.[/quote]

Saw this, fucking ridiculous. If anything the children need to be protected from this cunt

[quote=“Rocko, post: 784451, member: 1”]Story on the radio this morning about a man who raped his 14 year-old sister-in-law a number of times over a number of months. He would normally have been sentenced to 7 years in prison according to the judge, but because he has 2 autistic children the judge has decided it would be too disruptive to imprison him so he has received no custodial sentence.

Seems a very strange and unique logic to apply to this case. One would think that the majority of people who come before the courts for custodial sentences have some sort of family issues that might not be best helped by their incarceration. The judge referred to his autistic children as “mitigating circumstances” which is warped logic to me. They may be factors in terms of sentencing (rightly or wrongly) but they’re hardly factors that change the crime or its effects on the victim. The victim is furious with the sentence and understandably so.[/quote]
Heard this. Ridiculous shit. Who was the judge? Surely he should have looked into whether the children were safe with this incest rapist?

Irish courts at their finest…what a bunch of cunts…

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder what the fuck these judges are on.

Remember the case of the big shot in Drumcondra who sexually assaulted some girl but blamed it on the medication he was on. Didn’t he get his sentence reduced after he offered to pay her 50 grand? And that was Judge Paul Carney and all who seems very experienced.

It’s well known in legal world that Paul Carney is one of the least consistent and plain batshit mental judges on the criminal benches. Some of the shit he comes out with would make your blood boil. He tries so hard to present himself as a maverick who throws the rule book out the window in order to get common sense outcomes but inevitably just makes a cunt out of himself and the system.

artfoley, is this libellous or slanderous?

Neither.

Arguably defamatory although carney is a cunt of the highest order

Summary

Wonders which simpleton will post “horse outside” first

Carted off to court

Pony and trapped

1 Like

Knacker wagon.

1 Like

I’d say he’s looking forward to incarteration.

1 Like

Seeking bale

3 Likes

What are the chances that he’s gone into the mortgage advisor instead of the courthouse…

No sulkying at the sentence

I have mixed feelings after reading this given the lady in questions condition, I wonder was there something else that’s not being reported here.

Is this just Martin Nolan being inconsistent again? Seems like a huge weighting on the outcome rather than any intent or recklessness.

A difficult one. But she was driving a car knowing she shouldn’t have been. And then killed someone so not exactly innocent. Seems harsh compared to other sentences handed down here but that’s not a great barometer either.

Not knowing she shouldn’t have been. Knowing she might or might not have restrictions.