Inexplicably successful Irish people

Donal Skehan - just watching him now on RTÉ.

He clearly isn’t much of a cook. He’s always really slow at chopping things and he’s even shit at basic tasks like spooning something from a bowl to a pot etc. The spaghetti bolognese he made before had ketchup for the sauce.

I mean he clearly has lots of help for this show but he’s still evidently incompetent. How does a failed boyband star get to have a cooking show despite having no professional track record? Presume he has friends in high places.

UPDATE: I see he’s learned to break an egg with one hand since last season.

3 Likes

Rocko in the old days, I would have rated this informative, I never knew this cunt as anything other than a “chef”, a read of his wikipedia page shows me that anything is possible and abject failure means nothing in this country.

I think I’ll annoy myself further by posting up a picture of his smug face:

It’s all part of this equality thing- They started with gender balancing in sports coverage, this fella Donal and the lads off the decor programmes bring the gays onto our screens. None of the fuckers are any good at what they do but that’s the brave new world we live in… Were’nt NUIG told today to balance their staff gender books or else? It’s a joke, just like the states, where minorities are getting jobs over better qualified people…That Joanne Cantwell for instance, she’s stone cold fucking useless. She’s not even a bit of eye candy, what’s the fucking point of her and her nasally voice and weasl head? What the fuck does she bring to sports presentment? You don’t know how good you’ve had it till you’ve lost it and I don’t know what we had but it had to be better than Joanne fucking Cantwell and Donal I’m staight as chips Skehan.

Agree

Surely some sort of training in cookery would be a basic requirement for presenting a show like this.

Ah surely not? I’ve only ever seen 5 minutes of his show and he was making beans on toast or something like that so I consigned him to the FOAD compartment in my mind.

I had one of Donal’s pies before and it was rather good. I think you lot are being harsh on the young man.

Did he actually make it in front of you?

Of course he fucking didn’t.

2 Likes

Donal is a nice chap from Howth. I’ve seen him out and about with his pals and he seems to be very popular. Why would anyone begrudge him his success?

3 Likes

What the fuck is wrong with you? Is this the REAL ODowd?? Go way and shite for yourself.

He’s a fine looking chap with a winning smile and that Mr Whippy style hairdo that appears to be popular with youngsters. Why wouldn’t he be successful?

Go way and let off a bit of blood you cunt.

TV CHEF Donal Skehan has confided in some of his closest acquaintances that he can’t believe RTÉ let him go on the air year after year with his TV show Kitchen Hero, in which he takes viewers step-by-step through incredibly simple recipes.

Skehan, 29, spends every day in constant fear that he will eventually be ‘found out’, and that his media empire (which includes lucrative TV and book deals as well as live shows across the country) will come crumbling down.
“I’m going out there every week showing people how to make beans on fucking toast,” said Skehan, during a conversation with friends which was overheard by an anonymous source.

“And just last week I was doing a demonstration in Carlow town to nearly a thousand people, and I was showing them the best way to boil an egg. It’s only a matter of time before they cop on to me”.

Publicists for Skehan, who have for years marketed him as having “a passion for simple, healthy, delicious home cooking, which will inspire novices and more experienced cooks alike to get into the kitchen” have taken steps to ensure that the Dublin native “keeps his shit together” while continuing to produce a yearly cookbook in time for the Christmas market.

The new series of “Kitchen Hero” is due in the Autumn, with Skehan showcasing his skills at making Ham sandwiches, Koka Noodles and Rice Crispie Buns.

:syringe:

2 Likes

Winner

Waterford Whispers?

Anyway, back on topic

Brian Ormonde
Vogue Horseface

��V�V�4������n �g)�3��6�-�I�b£c�U��G�`�n��g�KP�#�a�d;r������3�ABs�<�8��D�m3?�e���h�n���u��+���t��l�e�,�Q�R��/�VcC߅NjL�=+����43äy�tΚ{P��ź�� ^���y��B�a�� B���t)k!:�P���~a�L� ���L4u~Lk꬞�9�w=V��(���a���.f�c����N�4�]O�Ms)ɇ8�+~at�� �(e�?mBY[|���%��@�&Ӭ W�1-�|6���V��֍�k5�"�Sk��rl�ҝvk���v0W�55�h�ek�G ?\����e+7�絯ܗ�p����ꣿ�J�����t����s��j�X��ٜ��W�r��n-_�e�a^���Yq���:�̱�_��;4֞�lkXϔ�e�%�ȼl�b���c�R�l+�ݰ/[�:e��t8�T}a���������� �e�U���:?

I’m very fond of Donal Skehan. Think he’s engaged or married to a beautiful Swedish lass too.

1 Like

Donal is alright he is not the worst of them. He is making something out of nothing and that irks certain people especially the ‘irish’.
Donal is for all intents and purposes the Ritchie sadlier of the TV chef world and the best of luck and continued sucess to both him and Ritchie.

1 Like