Injuries

My ankle is fucked for years now. Swells up every week and doesn’t even go down between matches anymore.

[ATTACH]502.IPB[/ATTACH]

Ice it.

You can pick up cans of deep freeze spray for about two euro also in boots. Spray it on a couple of times as soon as you are finished running on it.

You have very girlie looking ankles.

That too.

Get some proper supports for it, rocko. Have dodgy ankles myself but they make a huge difference.

Also get yourself an exercise band and I will send you on some decent ankle strengthening exercises that help as well.

Is there any bit of you that isn’t dodgy you windy cunt?

Yes, my spirit is unbreakable

I was coaxed into playing a game of squash yesterday and am feeling the effects of it today. I’m fairly sure i pulled a hamstring during the first set, then went over on my ankle half way through and got hit a rasper in the lower back with the squash ball near the finish. I am badly beat up and feel like i went 12 rounds with John Cena.

I played for the first time ever two weeks ago, I’m horrendously unfit and was dead after 20 mins but played 3 games during an hour anyway. I was crippled for the guts of four days after it, felt like I took a serious hiding such was the state of me. What a game though in fairness, great craic. I have since started the couch to 5k jogging program as I don’t want to be that sore again the next game of it I play. Didn’t help that I did no stretching after it and went for a lorry load of pints.

I didn’t have adequate stretching either and just went straight from the car to the court and went full throttle for a few mins until my injury. The injury was a blessing in disguise in a way as it allowed me to get a much needed breather as i was wrecked very quickly. I battled on manfully of course and wouldn’t bow out to injury, losing gallantly by five sets to nil. It’s a good game though like you i am a total novice, i am woeful on my backhand and the serve regularly finds me out, both serving and receiving.

The serve is a killer, if you’re playing a lad that can glue it to the wall you’re fucked immediately and running round like a cunt trying to recover.

Split my elbow this evening, bled alot and a deep enough cut. Cleaned it and stuck a few stick on stitches onto it but probably could have closed the wound more. Will that be enough or should I get it stitched properly? Don’t fancy A&E on Halloween night.

It’ll be fine.

Insulating tape is the only cure for all injuries!!!

I think so too and don’t want to go to the Mater for the next 10 hours. It’ll just scab up eventually right?

Just make sure it is well cleaned and it will be fine. I got a belt of a cricket bat out in Tipp town one night which busted my head right open ( explains a lot I know ) but a local bar lady got out the dettol and all was good. The fuckers let me into the club down there later on and I still had blood trickling down my head a little.

:lol:

Ah grand, tis nothing really, I just don’t want it opening up in a week’s time and bleeding out again.

fcuk it we cant have it opening up again tonite week shannonsider. u must have left a pint of blood on the floor there tonite. that north kerry west limerick selection couldnt get the better of us despite you carrying that injury

Hitting that fucker was like running into a full bulk tank.

Where and what do you play lads?