Injuries

didnt work bro

Thats the road youā€™re headed down currently.

A young man like yourself shouldnā€™t be having these repeated back injuries. Especially, and with the greatest of respect, when you havenā€™t done a days hard physical graft in your life.

Forget all your weights and lose a (good) few kgs and put less strain on the back and walk 10kms a day minimum with the dog

Iā€™m ā€˜backā€™ baby ā€¦ just pushed my way through it and iā€™m ok todayā€¦ But youā€™re half right here - iā€™m finally gonna go back to step 1 and do some pilates and right some wrongs and build it up slowly

Your other jib is all very wide of the mark ā€” and the bank official talking about a days graft :joy:

Im not half right at all. Im fully right. Fellas squatting and shoving and pushing like fkn eejits inside in the gym for what. Once your sporting days are behind you keep moving keep the weight down and dont eat like your a teenager.

I did plenty summers and weekends of hard graft as a young lad. But when you work in a sedentary job like most of us on here you need to get moving every chance you get. Sitting down is murder on the body

1 Like

Sitting is the new smoking

Start doing some Metafit classes

If you sat down to have a fag you may as well put a gun to your head

I worked building sites out of school ā€” did concrete in the states ---- never felt better in my life. Went back to college and it has taken years off my life

Thatā€™s exactly the type of shit that has fucked me, not the weights ā€¦ I started doing my own circuit recently and thatā€™s when it flared up again ā€¦ I make sure my form is perfect doing weights ā€“ fucking yourself around doing burpees and the likes when youā€™re fatiguing - not good.

1 Like

You need to spin out to Ballincollig to Kev, heā€™ll sort you right out!

1 Like

Would have caught up with you too. Isnt many lads at that for 30 years without the marks to prove it

It has certainly crossed my mind ā€” Has anyone on the site used the man?

Deadlifting is the one and only thing that ever worked and works for me.

1 Like

I packed in burpees and all that shite.

Yup ā€” but I just got to get the engine right firstā€¦ Iā€™ve been getting treatment - feeling good and going back doing what I was doing. No patience ā€¦ just gotta take a step back and learn to crawl again and so onā€¦

Donā€™t do it when your fatiguing. Using your own body weight shouldnā€™t fuck up your back as far as I know. The extra few kgā€™s you put on since you got married should be more than enough weight for you to squat.

Any lad over 30 not on a reformer Pilates machine for an hour at least twice a week may as well give up.

The trap bar deadlift has been a revelation in my life lately. If I was deadlifting 70% of what Iā€™m doing on the trap bar with a conventional bar Iā€™d be crippled for days after it

Those extra KGs are muscle mass palā€¦

Weā€™ll be saying mass for you unless you lose that mass.