INLA Disarm

I nearly crashed the car this morning when I heard a report from the BBC that the INLA have decided to disarm their weapons. Can’t be that hard to decommission a 40 year old shotgun and a couple of petrol bombs.

God love em, Airey Neave was a high point, and McGlinchy must have put the shits up the provo’s, but did anyone ever take them seriously?

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 439260”]
I nearly crashed the car this morning when I heard a report from the BBC that the INLA have decided to disarm their weapons. Can’t be that hard to decommission a 40 year old shotgun and a couple of petrol bombs.

God love em, Airey Neave was a high point, and McGlinchy must have put the shits up the provo’s, but did anyone ever take them seriously?
[/quote]What about the time you & luca hid the salamami ye fuckin steamers …

It says it all fitzy that it was fourth or fifth on the news roster yesterday, just above the cat with a funny hat piece. As I said yesterday they must be seething with George Lee. Ah well, I suppose they can always say they got Billy Wright.

What’s the difference between Billy Wright and a taxi?

A taxi can only take 3 in the back. Boom boom.

The INLA made Thatcher sit up and take notice, they were one of the major deterrents to Thatcher giving any sort of compromise when it came to the 10 Hunger Strikers who died in 1981 [2 of which were members of the INLA we shouldn’t forget]. They also spawned one of the great heroes of the troubles in Ronnie Bunting, a movie about this guy would box office.

They did their duty to Ireland when it was required and I’d like to thank them anyway- if they’re reading of course?

Don’t mention it

Reading the INLA wiki page reminded me of this little press release:

[center]“In March, retired terrorist and supporter of capital punishment, Airey Neave, got a taste of his own medicine when an INLA unit pulled off the operation of the decade and blew him to bits inside the ‘impregnable’ Palace of Westminster. The nauseous Margaret Thatcher snivelled on television that he was an ‘incalculable loss’—and so he was—to the British ruling class”[/center]

You don’t get that anymore.

When you think about it, the hysteria over the threat of muslim terror in England today looks ridiculous when you measure it against republican campaigns over there.

The INLA were proper scum.

Scum of the Earth.

Criminals masquerading as freedom fighters.

But sure, wrap the tri-color around me there, enough fools will fall for it to create a little doubt.

What’s the difference between scum and scum of the earth? Would it a case of John Leahy being scum, but not quite scummy enough to be scum of the earth, like Michael Stone or Eoin Brislane?

Ouch.

Pretty harsh on Michael Stone.

I think you got it there yourself.

Ya, I see where you are coming from. Not.

John Leahy had a couple of unsavoury incidents in his life. He personally put those instances down to an addiction to drink. He gave up the drink. He should be applauded for it. But you’ll always get a couple of fucking idiots that would sneer at someone like that, it is a trait that doesn’t reflect well on the sneerer. Says something.

Eoin Brislane? Hmmmm. I’m lost here. Unless of course some idiot has attempted to compare and contrast a rough hurling player to an organisation, involved in murder, terrorism and general all round criminality for 40+ years. You’d never find a spastic stoopid enough to do that, Would you?

From what I’ve heard Leahy would put glass in your eye when the ball is in the sky.

I accept your surrender

leahy on the Late Late last year…‘i used get a bit messy with drink in me’

i agree with Tipptops on the INLA however, pure scum

:smiley:

Grow a Pair ffs

anyone know if YOFABO are still active?

if this is the crowd who were attempting to regain the Burrough of Malahydeshire from the Brits then i believe no, they havent been seen or heard of since the early days of the celtic tiger.

im not sure about that- the recent rise in attacks on members of sylvesters suggest they are going out of their way to rid Fingal of green orangemen

the drugs trade always does well during a recession, they are probably active enough alright