Interesting shit you only notice in films after watching them for the 20th time

At about 31.55 of Bullitt a breathy nurse comes out onto the hospital corridor with a tray of bread and sandwiches and asks McQueen “Are you the policeman who hasn’t eaten?” while a uniformed cop standing by is completely ignored. The cop watches on incredulously, apparently miffed that the nurse didn’t ask him whether he was the starved cop. There is definitely a touch of the flirty nurse favouring the good looking detective over the ordinary officer in this short scene.

that kaiser soze didnt really have a limp

While watching the new Star Trek I noticed that the last name called for assignment to a starship was Vader - USS Hood.

A Star Wars / British Navy reference MBB?

that bruce willis was actually dead in the 6th sense

Near the end of Apocalypse Now as Sheen leaves the temple he passes a seemingly unimportant pile of tusks which are leaning against the wall. A beautifully crafted nod to Conrad’s Heart of Darkness, in which Kurtz was an ivory trader.

I was taking it to be a Star Wars reference and not so much of the British imperialistic propaganda.

I didn’t see this Star Trek, MBB, what was the fate of this USS Hood later on in the film? It wasn’t destroyed by a Klingon ship called the Bismarck surely?

Close, it was Romulan. :smiley:

check out the site http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/goofs

Pick the film, then under “fun stuff” check the “goofs”.

For eg: in ‘As good as it gets’

Revealing mistakes: When Melvin picks up Simon’s dog and it urinates, you can see that the stream of urine is clearly coming out of Melvin’s gloved index finger.

Or from Platoon:

Anachronisms: When the soldiers are celebrating in the tent early in the film, they are drinking Budweiser from two-piece stay-tab cans with UPC symbols. Container companies introduced the two-piece can in 1974, the stay-tab in 1975 and the UPC symbol in 1978. Budweiser introduced the can style used in the movie in 1981.

Yours in spending hours looking for someone with a watch on in braveheart but then I got married and now I’ve got no time, and no watch,
GSH.

:rolleyes:Worst thread ever…

Bit of a moaner, aren’t you prawn?

He got that from his ma so.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]check out the site http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/goofs

Pick the film, then under “fun stuff” check the “goofs”.

For eg: in ‘As good as it gets’

Revealing mistakes: When Melvin picks up Simon’s dog and it urinates, you can see that the stream of urine is clearly coming out of Melvin’s gloved index finger.

Or from Platoon:

Anachronisms: When the soldiers are celebrating in the tent early in the film, they are drinking Budweiser from two-piece stay-tab cans with UPC symbols. Container companies introduced the two-piece can in 1974, the stay-tab in 1975 and the UPC symbol in 1978. Budweiser introduced the can style used in the movie in 1981.

Yours in spending hours looking for someone with a watch on in braveheart but then I got married and now I’ve got no time, and no watch,
GSH.[/quote]

GSH, I would prefer people to come up with their own observations organically rather than just check out what some internet geeks on a film easter egg or gaffe site is saying.

Not a film but an episode of Friends. Joey comes into the others apartment and takes 3 cans of drink. The camera closes in on him and he has 3 cans of what look like Tropicana. The camera goes off him and then back on him and he has Coca-Cola and Diet Coke. Product placement at its finest.

:mad:

That Ed Norton was beating the shite out of himself in Fight Club.

that the ship sank at the end of the film ‘titanic’…

no it didn’t…titanic ended with the auld one throwing the necklace back in the water

That Ed Norton was beating the shite out of himself in Fight Club.[/quote]

:mad: