Interesting Things Thread

Thatā€™s a great read. The next time youā€™re contemplating using Gill Sans font have a read of the personal life of its creator Eric Gill.

1 Like

His religious views and subject matter contrast with his sexual behaviour, including his erotic art, and (as mentioned in his own diaries) his extramarital affairs and sexual abuse of his daughters, sisters, and dog.

Scared Dog GIF

18 Likes

N3_Ireland

If you canā€™t trust a map making stranger on the Internet then who can you trust

3 Likes

Is that not a Tan sign, thus proving the Julioā€™s map above?

1 Like

The Irish one in the background seems to contradict him though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The destinations in parentheses are not reached by the N3 alone and so are exceptions to the rule. I mean everyone knows that.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking :eyes:

1 Like

@Massey will be along shortly to deliver a detailed report on how to transport a trailer of suck calves from Beleek to Manorhamilton without seeing those road signsā€¦
Thatā€™s his neck of the woods.

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

class.

Canā€™t bate a good graphic

Itā€™d be interesting to see for second languages id imagine English is much bigger

3 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again. Iā€™ve never understood Twitter.

It reminds me of a place I once went for an interview in Dublin.

I came out of the interview thinking, who does any real work in this company? It was just all about codding customers into thinking they were getting a service. A company for bullshitters.

I didnā€™t get the job.

2 Likes

So you stuck with the private sector, understandable.

2 Likes

Name and shame?

Accenture?

Twitter has some of the best infrastructure and software in the tech industry. Its almost gold standard

I was talking to a female friend recently. She told me about the short time she spent working in Google and how it was like a cult. Itā€™s an American company so everything has to be happy and everything amazing all the time.

My female friend said that right at the start Google gives all their new employees secret training on the correct use of emojis. A Google employee should never use a smiling emoji - too weak. Instead they should use the winking emoji as much as possible because it implies that the employee is ā€œin the knowā€ and holds the power in the relationship.

4 Likes