Interesting Things Thread

Why was it necessary to specify that your friend was a female friend twice, or at all?

1 Like

Sorry - my friend who happened to be female

1 Like

There should be some sort of invention that makes it possible to physically punch an emoji

gifs

jane eyre punch in the face GIF by chuber channel

:wink:

What do you know!?

Yea, an engineering consultancy company something like that.

1 Like

They list 800,000 Portuguese speakers and 1m Italian speakers in France, but no Arabic speakers counted for France. They also don’t attribute any Spanish speakers to France.
A bit odd.

Because she identified as a female at the the start of the story and later on still identified as a female? You’re half asleep at this woke craic to be honest Glas.

8 Likes

The grey segments with “+” for each language are meant to be all other countries, so presumably those examples fall into those buckets. How accurate the numbers actually are I cannot say.

I understand that the grey areas lump all the smaller quantities. But they listed a rake of countries with a million or less Arabic speakers. France would have several million, more than they do Italian or Portuguese speakers I would imagine, which get their own segment. Seems a bit arbitrary.

6 Likes

🤷🤷

7 Likes

Algeria is bigger than Greenland. Fuck you Mercator.

1 Like

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3049724215060925&id=1104062526293780

Look at this mad bastard

1 Like

I posted a previous thread of concepts/principles by this chap before but can’t remember which thread

2 Likes

Fred was a big TV star back in the day. A celebrity steeplejack. Now we have celebrity virologists.

Don’t ask me how I came across it, but this is an interesting listen.