International Elections Thread

John Howard was Aussie PM.

Fair enough. I donā€™t follow Australian politics at all and Iā€™m not sure when they got TV. Itā€™s principally a UK/US thing. America hasnā€™t had a bald President since Ike and he defeated Adlai Stevenson who was also bald. You have to go back to Douglas Home in England and he wasnā€™t even elected.

Charlie was our last true bald Taoiseach. Reynolds made a pretense of having a full thatch. At least in the early years but weā€™ve been electing hairy taoisigh since then.

[quote=ā€œFagan ODowd, post: 673762ā€]

Fair enough. I donā€™t follow Australian politics at all and Iā€™m not sure when they got TV. Itā€™s principally a UK/US thing. America hasnā€™t had a bald President since Ike and he defeated Adlai Stevenson who was also bald. You have to go back to Douglas Home in England and he wasnā€™t even elected.

Charlie was our last true bald Taoiseach. Reynolds made a pretense of having a full thatch. At least in the early years but weā€™ve been electing hairy taoisigh since then.[/quote]

I thought Gerald Ford was a bit bald? Not elected either of course.

Gerald Ford was as bald as an egg but as you rightly point out he was not elected. He did subsequently run for reelection but was defeated by Jimmy Carter who of course had the full thatch.

To go off on a tangent, the other remarkable cohort of hirsute men is aging rockers. It is statitically remarkable how few of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd etc went bald. The only aging rocker who is obviously bald is Angus Young and he wears a cap v

Gorbachev was elected as a bald man (despite that mark) but I guess he wasnā€™t popularly elected - think he was just appointed by Parliament. TASE will confirm.

The Russians do things differently Rocko. Putin is a baldie in my book.

It would have been the Politburo that appointed him Iā€™d imagine Rocko. The Bolsheviks didnā€™t really go in for anything as bourgeois as a parliament.

Putin was appointed by Yeltsin I think.

But he was subsequently elected by popular vote

Heā€™s not totally bald.

Far more importantly, his girlfriend is hot, 47 year old Valerie Trierweiler, a journalist.

John Howard was and is a cunt.

[quote=ā€œFagan ODowd, post: 673769ā€]

But he was subsequently elected by popular vote[/quote]

Correct, in a free and fair election.

[quote=ā€œFitzy, post: 673770ā€]
Heā€™s not totally bald.

Far more importantly, his girlfriend is hot, 47 year old Valerie Trierweiler, a journalist.

http://cdn.theweek.co.uk/sites/theweek/files/styles/theweek_article_main_image/public/trierweiler.jpg[/quote]

Sheā€™s very like someone I wouldnā€™t ride, off the telly

Thereā€™s a bit of Vorderman about her, but in a dirtier, more knowing way. I definitely would.

Some craic in the Mexican presidential elections. This is the bird they had walking around during the television debate :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7qHDiiTR8

Ay Caramba :slight_smile:

Exit polls showing things are pretty much neck and neck in Greece between the main anti-bailout and pro-out parties.

They reckon they will have a clear idea of the way things are heading by midnight.

Chavez es el pueblo :clap:

VIva la Revolucion :clap:

Totti, how are you calling the election in your homeland?

Could Berlusconi complete a lazarus like recovery?