Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

???

How is it allright? 20% return.
you need to leave it in there for 5.5 years to get that.
You can get 4% handy in many places and they pay interest on a monthly basis and you have access to your money.
4% a year for five years or nothing for 5.5 years and then 20%.
I’m not the accountant here but 20% for 5.5 years is nothing special.
I guess it depends on future interest rates, but not having access is a pain.
I have money in a 5 year deal which is out next October and I could have done alot better without it.

Ulster bank have an account where if you have > 15k in it they will pay a nice whack of monthly interest, so if you’ve got moeny to put away for 5.5 years then why not put it there?

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]???

How is it allright? 20% return.
you need to leave it in there for 5.5 years to get that.
You can get 4% handy in many places and they pay interest on a monthly basis and you have access to your money.
4% a year for five years or nothing for 5.5 years and then 20%.
I’m not the accountant here but 20% for 5.5 years is nothing special.
I guess it depends on future interest rates, but not having access is a pain.
I have money in a 5 year deal which is out next October and I could have done alot better without it.

Ulster bank have an account where if you have > 15k in it they will pay a nice whack of monthly interest, so if you’ve got moeny to put away for 5.5 years then why not put it there?

Yours etc,
GSH.[/QUOTE]

DO your Maths GSH
The CAGR on that is closer to 3.7%- less than 4%
An even worse deal than you thought

[quote=“dancarter”]If you don’t understand the stock market steer well clear dunph. Lost a fair few quid myself on bank shares, and lost a lot of paper profit in some other stock I really should have known to sell it of. Wouldn’t be worried about keepin it in cash at the moment though.

What’s your long term plan farmer, I have a bit of cash as well but deposit rates are shit and over any reasonable period of time inflation will eat into your cash.

Was researching drip feeding the cash into some managed renewable energy funds as that is the only sector I am sure will grow into the future[/QUOTE]

you are completly discredited Tom- the idea of you giving investment advice is quite franky disturbing

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]DO your Maths GSH
An even worse deal than you thought[/QUOTE]

I would say savings rates are only going one direction. There might not be much 3.7% about for deposits if liquidity in wholesale markets eases and banks stop overpaying on deposits to get cash in to bolster their reserves. Ecb rate is what now, 1%?, 3.7% savings isn’t very realistic in light of this. The lack of acres is a weak point alright in fairness, not one I’d live with

Strange that you posted this dunph, because an interesting little opportunity just came to my attention…

[B]Mr. Ben Manu
Union Bank of Nig. Plc

ATTN:[/B]
Perhaps, this proposal might come to you as a surprise, since you have
neither met or known me before. I will tell you at once what it is all
about. My name is Mr. Ben Manu , staff of Union Bank of Nigeria; some
times in 1999, one of our esteemed customers MR. ADII BANTAM, died in an
air crash, off the Coast of Lagos, before his sudden death he was the
Chief Executive and Managing Director of Cross Atlantic Oil Company and
he maintained personal account; both current and savings with us. As at
the time of his death, he has about US$35 Million in both accounts.

After his death, our Bank made several efforts to contact his Next of
Kin without success. We also contacted his Country^s Embassy in Nigeria
(As he is not from Nigeria), who after about three months got back to us,
saying they could not locate MR. BANTAM^S family or relatives. It was
at this point we notified the Nigerian Government through the Central
Bank and the Federal Finance Ministry about Mr.Bantam^s Account and my
Bank was directed to place Mr. Bantam^s money in a special account.

The Government, last week sent us a letter asking us to locate Mr.
Bantam^s relatives and pay them the money or contribute the money to the
Government to buy arms and ammunitions Government needed to assist the
civil war presently going on in Liberia one of West African Countries.
Considering this directives, an extra ordinary meeting of the Board was
called, and it was resolved that our Bank should not support the plans
of the Government. I was mandated to as a matter of urgency contact
anybody I can trust abroad to assist us take the money abroad in the
name of Mr. Bantam^s relative; hence I am sending you this letter even
though we have neither known or met ourselves.

My Bank want to present you as the next of kin (relative to Mr. Bantam)
to the Bank. Your nationality does not matter as you could be his Uncle,
Cousin, etc from either the mother^s side or his father^s side. Should
you accept this proposal, we shall send to you, additional information (Bio
data) on Mr. Bantam. I am mandated to get the money by all means to any
account abroad. When you have received the money, it will be shared in
a manner that will be satisfactory to both yourself and my Bank.

Our shares can be invested for us for Two years as the case may be under
your direct control until we give you instructions on what ever to do
with it. Should you be interested, kindly get back to me through the
above e-mail clearly stating your private fax and phone numbers, For me
to provide you with additional information before we begin the fund
transfer.

While I urge you to get back to me without much delay; the code should
be OMEGA. Any communication without this code should be disregarded.

Kind regards,
Mr. Ben Manu

What the fcuk were C & C at today with their revised report??

I’ll fooking shoot that Maurice Pratt cunt. He cost me half a bar* today.

*I made this bit up.

Some gormless Big4 trained accountant obviously fooked up somewhere along the way. Pretty big fook up too:

Group revenue was 5pc lower year-on-year – not 3pc higher.
Revenue in the spirits and liqueurs unit was 22pc down – not 12pc.
Cider revenue was down 6pc – not 3pc higher
Cider sales in Ireland were flat – not 7pc up.
Sales of Magners cider in Britain were 12pc worse – not 1pc down.

Thought you were in the world of finance Dan if so your view is worrying. Although a banker not knowing what hes talking about is in no way surprising.

As soon as liquidity eases interest rates are going straight up as the ECB are terrified of inflation. This will completely screw us but they’re only worried about ze Germans and French. ECB rates will be back at 4% as soon as possible.

C&C are a one trick pony. Thet badly need to get themselves a product which doesn’t depend on Sun in this rain soaked country of ours.

They had loads of tricks, but they sold them off to concentrate on the Magners Revolution in the UK. I still do my bit for them though.

Ya that Magners/Bulmers fuck up in the UK doesn’t help them either

Might just invest in establishing a new Limerick Chipper. I’m sure i could squeeze one in between Luigi’s and Rio’s on the railway road.

It’s scarcely credibile that a company like C&C can publish gammy figures like that and then come out and say, oh sorry bout that. What censure will they receive from the stock exchange?

You would make more pimping women in the Railway Hotel

What a fucking joke
THe whole Finance dept managers should be fired- how could you put out a statement saying you were growing when you were actually contracting? No alarm bells went off? They don’t know their own fucking business

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]What a fucking joke
THe whole Finance dept managers should be fired- how could you put out a statement saying you were growing when you were actually contracting? No alarm bells went off? They don’t know their own fucking business[/QUOTE]

Ya, that’s the mad thing. Surely one of the senior guys should have known straight away that their sales in the UK couldn’t have only been down 1%. Most companies would keep a weekly or at least monthly eye on sales figures, so they should have been easily able to spot these mistakes. Surely somebody got the road for it?

The head of sales would probably know on a daily basis what they were shifting, the head of production should have known the volumes through the plant, the head of finance should have known both of these things as well as the fact that they had less money coming in
Although to be fair the CFO was still probably shellshocked at the payout Maurice Pratt got for practically bankrupting the company

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]The head of sales would probably know on a daily basis what they were shifting, the head of production should have known the volumes through the plant, the head of finance should have known both of these things as well as the fact that they had less money coming in
Although to be fair the CFO was still probably shellshocked at the payout Maurice Pratt got for practically bankrupting the company[/QUOTE]

Bizarre alright. It’s one thing miscalculating the extent of the gains or losses but to get them in the wrong direction is unbelievable. Did nobody review the figures at all and compare them to the volumes of sales?

Also I’m with Julio here - deposit rates are only going one way and that’s up.

ITS BEEKS

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsG/6624-19933.gifhttp://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/trading_places_xl_01-film-b.jpg

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]DO your Maths GSH
An even worse deal than you thought[/QUOTE]
it’s actually down to 3.5% now. It’s probably going to drop.
However, the money I get the interest on is growing to the amount paid in interest will grow.
Also, I can take money out if I need and the interest is paid monthly.
Thats way better value than having money sitting earning nothing for 5.5 years and getting 20% on that amount rathter than 3.5% with interest paid monthly and the option to take it out if you need.

I didn’t need to do my maths on this as I got the accountant to do it for me and they gave me the options. The esavings plus was the best one.

ECB is only going one way also, back up.
I dont think it’s a time to have cash tied down and not earning anything.
Thats just my opinion. 20% after 5.5 years without being able to take the money in or out is not good value considering what is out there.

Yours etc,
GSH.