Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

Thinking of investing a few quid i have saved up.

Anyone have any suggestions? What about shares? There must be shares available at knock-down prices the way things are currently. Might not be a bad investment, though i must admit i wouldn’t have the first clue about this sort of thing…

I’m an investment.

[quote=“The Dunph”]Thinking of investing a few quid i have saved up.

Anyone have any suggestions? What about shares? There must be shares available at knock-down prices the way things are currently. Might not be a bad investment, though i must admit i wouldn’t have the first clue about this sort of thing…[/QUOTE]

Have I not given you enough investment advice already?

:guns:

Newcastle United?

[quote=“The Runt”]Have I not given you enough investment advice already?

:guns:[/QUOTE]

:guns:

I did a major clean up of my finances for the first time ever about a month ago. I just had money lying around in a current account doing nothing, and bits in other accounts doing the same.

Know a bit about shares but not nearly enough to be comfortable investing biggish amounts in them. Given what I have seen happening to people recently who invested in them I am glad that I didn’t invest in this area.

I went for fixed term returns in my investments. I am quite risk averse.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I did a major clean up of my finances for the first time ever about a month ago. I just had money lying around in a current account doing nothing, and bits in other accounts doing the same.

Know a bit about shares but not nearly enough to be comfortable investing biggish amounts in them. Given what I have seen happening to people recently who invested in them I am glad that I didn’t trust my judgement in this area.

I went for fixed term returns in my investments. I am quite risk averse.[/QUOTE]

Is your capital at risk with those investments Farmer?

I’m not investing in anything until I steal the crop report from Beeks

No. Fixed capital and fixed return. 20% - after 5 and a half years though.

There could be better ones out there but I just wanted to put it somewhere when I had put my mind to sorting it out and this seemed a decent option.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]No. Fixed capital and fixed return. 20% - after 5 and a half years though.

There could be better ones out there but I just wanted to put it somewhere when I had put my mind to sorting it out and this seemed a decent option.[/QUOTE]

And is it locked in for that 5 and a half years? Say you decided next year you wanted to use the money to finance the importation of a few kilos of coke, would you be able to get access to it?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I did a major clean up of my finances for the first time ever about a month ago. I just had money lying around in a current account doing nothing, and bits in other accounts doing the same.

Know a bit about shares but not nearly enough to be comfortable investing biggish amounts in them. Given what I have seen happening to people recently who invested in them I am glad that I didn’t invest in this area.

I went for fixed term returns in my investments. I am quite risk averse.[/QUOTE]

I’d be the same in that i have money just lying around in different accounts doing nothing. I’d prefer to invest it in something.

I’d be the total opposite to risk averse though in that i’d be prepared to take a speculative punt on something in the hope that it pays off handsomely.

Are financial advisors any good or are they just spoofers? I need advice from someone because i don’t know what i’m doing myself.

You can take it out but your interest goes with it.

Interest is payable at the end of the term you see.

If you don’t understand the stock market steer well clear dunph. Lost a fair few quid myself on bank shares, and lost a lot of paper profit in some other stock I really should have known to sell it of. Wouldn’t be worried about keepin it in cash at the moment though.

What’s your long term plan farmer, I have a bit of cash as well but deposit rates are shit and over any reasonable period of time inflation will eat into your cash.

Was researching drip feeding the cash into some managed renewable energy funds as that is the only sector I am sure will grow into the future

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You can take it out but your interest goes with it.

Interest is payable at the end of the term you see.[/QUOTE]

Ah right, so if you took it out after 4 years you wouldn’t have gained anything.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Dunph. I tried asking a similar question a few months back and the response I got from Bandage was “Fuck off you runt” :guns:

[quote=“dancarter”]

Was researching drip feeding the cash into some managed renewable energy funds as that is the only sector I am sure will grow into the future[/QUOTE]

Good point, that’s certainly something that should grow in the future.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You can take it out but your interest goes with it.

Interest is payable at the end of the term you see.[/QUOTE]

Don’t like the lack of acess but that’s an alright (gross?) return

[quote=“The Runt”]

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Dunph. I tried asking a similar question a few months back and the response I got from Bandage was “Fuck off you runt” :guns:[/QUOTE]

Sure what would you expect from a Wexford pig but a grunt, Runt. :guns:

[quote=“dancarter”]If you don’t understand the stock market steer well clear dunph. Lost a fair few quid myself on bank shares, and lost a lot of paper profit in some other stock I really should have known to sell it of. Wouldn’t be worried about keepin it in cash at the moment though.

What’s your long term plan farmer, I have a bit of cash as well but deposit rates are shit and over any reasonable period of time inflation will eat into your cash.

Was researching drip feeding the cash into some managed renewable energy funds as that is the only sector I am sure will grow into the future[/QUOTE]

I have no plan dan. I was just aware that I had cash doing nothing and just wanted to sort it out. I have no interest in buying a gaff until I really have to and, like I said, I don’t have enough knowledge of the stock market to invest properly there.

I sorted out regular savings as well from my account. Ulster Bank pay 4.75% with no conditions, BOI the fooks pay around that up to a limit of 5k of savings and then it clears down to 1.75%. Nasty. Also you are limited to four withdrawals from it a year before you incur a penalty.

No thanks.

I think it’s gross.

Be careful there lads. The point is that for all the possible greentek stock over 90 percent of em will turn to shit. Basically, you’ve no way of knowing which will yield well and you can be damn sure it won’t be for a long time.

My advice(well the advice of a crazy rich investment dude I know) is to go with some of the bigger banks. He mentioned Barclays, HSBC and RBS believe it or not.