Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

There are dividends from index funds as well. The main advantage is if you pick the right stocks you can make a lot of money. Index funds are slow and steady won’t make you rich. Stock picking is legitimised gambling

1 Like

Dave Portnoy from Barstool Sports has launched an index fund - “Buzz ETF” based on the most popular stocks on social media . That’s where we are now.

They’ve launched their own bookies or something as well. Some going for a bunch of lads who started a social media page

Yeh they are owned by Penn National Gaming and launched the Barstool Gaming App. A growth area in the States as more states legalise online betting.

You forget sometimes online betting is not universally available. I was onto Betfair help desk while in Spain for ages trying to access my account only to find I was geo locked.

Whats the investment play if China invade Taiwan soon? Gold & Silver, Oil, Weapon manufacturers?

Potassium Iodide tablets.

2 Likes

Won’t happen soon. The Chinese are long game players. They’ll wait for their opportunity. It’ll happen when something major is happening elsewhere

They’ll never have a better opportunity than now. Within the next two years I predict.

Agreed. The Yanks have never been weaker. In fact, I don’t think it will trigger a conflict because Merica know they haven’t a prayer, so won’t try and defend Taiwan militarily.

1 Like

Hopefully you are right.

In what way wouldn’t they have a prayer? Militarily, the Yanks would make absolute shite out of China.

Nah. Already have focus on them for the camps for Muslims. They used this window to amnex Hong Kong. They will bide their time again for the next move

Nonsense, it would be over in about 2 days. The Chinese have vastly greater firepower in the region, they would wipe out the US naval fleet in a few hours. Which is the scary bit as the US would likely use nukes at that point.

They don’t give a shit mate, they said it in Alaska last week, the US does not speak to China from a position of power. Hong Kong is peanuts to them, they want Taiwan’s semiconductor industry and they will take it when they close to do so.

Why not tomorrow so

Winter Olympics

Lonnie Henley, a former senior U.S. intelligence official and now a George Washington University professor, said he thinks the Chinese government set a goal of being able by 2020 to successfully invade Taiwan, and probably now believes it has succeeded. Oriana Skylar Mastro of Stanford University and the American Enterprise Institute reported in early 2021 that “Chinese military leaders have told me that they will be ready within a year.”

They have to launch Covid21 first.

1 Like

That’s not good…