Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 992580, member: 2660”]That didn’t last very long.

I’m sure Israel will have some cover story about how it was actually Hamas who broke the ceasefire. They’re about as believeable as Vincenzo Nibali.[/QUOTE]
They’ve released two statements. One said rockets were fired but another said Palestinians popped up out of a hole and fired on them first. These killings were in South Gaza and the rockets are in the main fired from the North. They should get their story straight

Upshot. Israel don’t want a ceasefire. They don’t want peace. They want Gaza crushed.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 992592, member: 2660”]Time definitely does go quicker as you get older.

The other night a whole Celtic Football Club season went by in one night.

72 hours have just gone by in 72 minutes.

As I write, it’s actually late October.[/QUOTE]
True, for example it only took Dublin 3 years to bestride the Gaelic Football world like a colossus.

Reuters reporting 25 Palestinians killed now by Israeli rockets.

Palestinian civilians duped into coming out of hiding by the “ceasefire” making it even easier for the Israeli cunts.

They really are absolutely horrible bastards. They are sending in a few of their own troops as sacrificial lambs as well. They could keep pounding them from the sky but it would look even worse if they didn’t suffer a few casualties themselves.

sickening seeing scrunchie get all bothered about this when he couldnt give 2 fucks when the brits were engaging in shoot to kill and collusion in BOI

+1

as kev says though maybe they have taken this a step too far as people across the world are sickened by them. Once again our quisling governments are failing us

what happened in Bank of Ireland mate?

dont gmail, just dont

RTE are reporting that 40 people have been killed in Gaza since the ceasefire collapsed this morning.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0801/634537-gaza-ceasefire/

Seems the ceasefire collapsed because the Isreali soldiers claimed that they were fired at by gunmen so Israel launched a rocket attack in retaliation. Jesus they just dont give a shit anymore, I suppose they dont have too since no one is taking a stand against them.

Dehumanisation of its victims

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 992610, member: 312”]RTE are reporting that 40 people have been killed in Gaza since the ceasefire collapsed this morning.

Seems the ceasefire collapsed because the Isreali soldiers claimed that they were fired at by gunmen so Israel launched a rocket attack in retaliation. Jesus they just dont give a shit anymore, I suppose they dont have too since no one is taking a stand against them.[/QUOTE]

They don’t give a willy and they don’t give a wank

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 992610, member: 312”]RTE are reporting that 40 people have been killed in Gaza since the ceasefire collapsed this morning.

Seems the ceasefire collapsed because the Isreali soldiers claimed that they were fired at by gunmen so Israel launched a rocket attack in retaliation. Jesus they just dont give a shit anymore, I suppose they dont have too since no one is taking a stand against them.[/QUOTE]

a suicide bomber came out of a tunnel at keren shalom and detonated, ive no idea what the casualties are, Hamas csaptured a soldier… that’s the end of the ceasefire

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 992447, member: 1785”]Mickee while the posts have been great and extremely insightful into the thoughts of the people of Israel, what’s happening to the people of Palestine is unforgivable and cannot continue.

It’s not both ways. This is one sided slaughter. In this day and age its fucking disgusting that the world is standing idly by and letting this continue.

Shame on Israel. Shame on the democratic freedom loving West, Shame on the rest of the world. Closer to home, shame on Charlie Flanagan and FG and shame on that little squirt Higgins who is too busy bowing down to the old paymasters…ironic that!

Apartheid ended by little things rolling into an unstoppable conundrum. We are years away from that in Palestine but I think what’s happening now had started a small roll…I’d stick money in a Hamas bucket tomo if asked, I think many now would as well.[/QUOTE]

EB i agree,
im posting here on what i see and feel, nothing else
i have said that the conflict is disgusting and i never said i agreed with or defended the mass murder in Gaza, (by calling it as such you can tell my position) you can read back thru my posts for the last 2 weeks

mickee, are you going to stay there much longer? if i was you id be out of there asap

Ah FFS

[ATTACH=full]1552[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 992592, member: 2660”]Time definitely does go quicker as you get older.

The other night a whole Celtic Football Club season went by in one night.

72 hours have just gone by in 72 minutes.

As I write, it’s actually late October.[/QUOTE]

Did we win the all ireland?

Yes.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/aug/01/javier-bardem-israel-palestine-gaza-penelope-cruz

[ATTACH=full]1553[/ATTACH]

THE TOWN OF Kinvara in Co Galway has become the first in Ireland to bring in a complete ban of Israeli goods over military action in Gaza.

Speaking to TheJournal.ie,Vicky Donnelly, one of the organisers of the boycott, explained that the action being taken had grown out of a desire to take move as a collective:

We wanted to take it a step further than individual actions. When doing it as individual consumers that is important, but we wanted to see if the community would come together to stop the slaughter.
“The national government are being really silent on this. To see local shops, local business support us. That is indicative of the kind of ground swell support that there is for this kind of action up and down the country.”

According to the 2006 census, Kinvara had a population of 1,160.

The move comes after a call by Trócaire for a boycott on Israeli goods produced in settlements.

The organisation have said that such a move would be the first step towards ending the cycle of violence between Israel and Hamas. This call to action comes in the wake of the Seanad debate yesterday. On the boycott of West Bank settlements, executive director of Trócaire Éamonn Meehan said:

[INDENT]The Irish government believes the settlements to be illigal yet continues to economically incentivise their continued expansion by trading with them.
Since the Oslo peace process came into affect in 1992, the number of Israeli settlers in the West Bank has more than doubled. Over 500,000 settlers now live on occupied Palestinian land. The area of the West Bank allocated for settlements has grown to 42%.

Trade between the EU and Israeli settlements is estimated to be around €96 million a year. Last month, the Irish government issued advice to individuals and businesses not to carry out economic relations with Israeli settlements.

Source: Irish Gov

In 2013, trade between Israel and Europe amounted to €29.5 billion in goods trade. Of this €17 billion were EU exports. There was a further €7.8 billion of trade in services.

In 2012, current Minister for Foreign Affairs Charlie Flanagan called Trócaire “biased and partisan” organisation and described their campaign to boycott Israeli goods at the time as being “beyond their remit”.[/INDENT]

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 992654, member: 1408”]http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/aug/01/javier-bardem-israel-palestine-gaza-penelope-cruz

[ATTACH=full]1553[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
A shame that such pressure can be brought to bear on celebrities (weak and pointless and all as they are they influence public opinion greatly) that they are forced to row back on their comments. Are they just that weak in their convictions that they can’t stand over them and tell who ever is talking to them to fuck right off? Rihanna (yes, Rihanna, I know, but it’s another example of this) took down a #freegaza tweet and replaced with a wish for peace in Israel and palestine. They’re weak enough gestures in the first place, it’s pathetic that such pressure can be brought to bear on them to force them to row back.

Totally agree. No backbone

People are afraid to speak out in case they are called Anti-Semetic. Israel are masters of propaganda.