Ireland could host the Rugby World Cup

I reckon it would be worth ā‚¬300million to the Irish economy based on the Solheim Cup being worth 30m

Glad to have you on board Fagan :clap:

Most of those GAA pitches wouldnā€™t be available due to the Co Club Championships reaching their final stages during September and October.

It would have to be Lansdowne, Thomond, Ravenhill, use the chance to redevelop Musgrave and the Sports Ground and pair up with Murrayfield and the Millenium maybe.

No need to use any GAA grounds really but Croker could be used in the latter stages.

[quote=ā€œchewy louie, post: 625236ā€]

Whatever about that imagine them having to make the treck from leafy Fingal to somewhere like Clones, [/quote]
Itā€™s a comfortable 80 minutes

Pretty much every county has a second ground that can comfortably accommodate all matches. The All-Ireland finals could be played in the first week in August. Thatā€™s what Christy Cooney wants permanently anyway isnā€™t it?

I think they want to play them in August at the very least.

It would be a very neighbourly thing for the GAA to do.

Isnt there a mention of a sponsorship type ban in future tournaments? I saw it on some news report lately that the All Black are considering withdrawing from the next WC if it the ban happens due to them being unable to afford it. Sure if that was the case the WC would be a non-event and we could use the grounds as they are.

Are you foolish enough to believe that will really happen tre? Come off it fella.

I think youā€™ll find the GAA donā€™t allow foreign sports to be played in their stadia lads, apart from Croker which has now reverted to CC for such decisions. Shur I suppose we ā€œcouldā€ host it. We ā€œcouldā€ do a lot of things. ā€œCouldā€ is a great aul word. Leitrim ā€œcouldā€ win the All Ireland, Aidan Walsh ā€œcouldā€ become a footballer who can kick the football straight. Anything is possible when you say ā€œcouldā€.

Shur only a few years ago we ā€œcouldā€ have held the Olympics in Dublin. We ā€œcouldā€ do anything we want. Weā€™re great we are.

Dunph warned me to never under-estimate how foolish TREā€™s is.

Mbb trying to box this issue off but there is great potential for this island and we can host something like a rugby world cup if we put our mind to it. I choose to look up at the sky instead of down at my boots.

Thats why dreamers inevitably end up bankrupt while realists retain the keys to the kingdom. Dream away Locke, life needs people like you I guess.

Ah Jesus Im getting onto Sky Sports News so for providing me with foolish info.

This is a noble idea Locke. :clap: :clap: Of course we could hold a RWC. The comparisons to NZ are valid, plus the fact that we havenā€™t had any major earthquakes in at least a few hundred thousand years (Christchurch was going to hold a number of games).

I have no doubt the GAA would be more than prepared to help.

The whole NZ pulling out of future world cups is a crock of shit BTW, a bargaining chip and not a very convincing one.