Ireland politics (Part 1)

His wonderful tales will be missed alright - I was talking to a man/woman…

He had a great way about him

A great way of telling lies and being caught out.

You’re an awful codder. Would you gway out of that.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for Enda, you’d be sharing a bedsit in Peckham with Tassotti now.

4 Likes

How is the next FG leader elected? Is it just the parliamentary party voting or do the Seanad and rank and file party members get a say too?

What did he do? - He and his party campaigned to oppose everything FF proposed to do - then got into power and rolled out FF policies to fix the economy and fucked up everything else - Water, health, housing, homelessness, Gardai crisis, rents… then there’s his lying and inability to hold a debate.

3 Likes

Parliamentary party biggest share , then the Councillors and the rank and file has s smaller share still.

He brought us back from the brink.

He brought you home to us from Ausbloodytralia.

He smashed Alan Shatter.

im looking for specifics not supposed outcomes

I hear your lot are lining up Richard to take Leo down a peg or two. I thought the new breed blueshirt were far more progressive than that?

A mix of both actually, but weighted to the PP. Changed back in mid 2000’s. Something the then leader of YFG had a big push for.

Callanns kicks aimed fairly and squarely at endas head in the times today

:clap:

He made us all want to dance again, we should never forget that.

2 Likes

They are lucky they voluntarily danced with him and didn’t get man handled like that poor girl in Dublin at Easter.

2 Likes

A winner. God willing he gets to see his beloved Mayo lift Sam this year, what a send off that would be.

An accurate summary of Kenny. The argument that he brought the country back from the brink is laughable.

Oliver Callan!!!

Oddly, Michael Noonan will be given credit by the same people for the same thing. A more sober appraisal would be how Kenny, tacitly accepting his ineffectual grasp of economics, delegated all such tasks to Noonan, who simply implemented the same plan imposed on Fianna Fáil by the troika…Noonan’s only bit of improv was fire sales and write-downs of State-owned assets in the National Asset Management Agency and the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation, which doubled the hurt of the crash. He allowed the sale of bailed-out assets at crazy prices and let vultures enjoy charity rates of tax on billions in profits. Several of the deals are mired in inquiries or criminal investigations.

Can those with n interest in economics please explain the above to me?

cc @Tim_Riggins, @Matty_Hislop, @myboyblue, @mikehunt @dodgy_keeper @TheUlteriorMotive @carryharry

5 Likes

I’m still trying to get over someone posting up Oliver Callan as a back up to anything on here.

2 Likes