Ireland politics (Part 1)

Ha ha, you don’t think they should be highly qualified?

Only one person in the Dept of Finance held a PHD in Economics. Half of them had no relevant qualification. You had a school teacher as Minister for Finance. The country was absolutely ransacked post crash. These idiots were easily hoodwinked because they were out of their depth.

:joy:

The greatest financial and mathematical minds were hoovered up by “big finance” in the lead in to the 2007 - 2008 crash . Read the book "quants " which will give an idea.

You strike me as the kind of guy who would not be happy if the PUblic sector salaries matched those in big finance .

1 Like

He’s the sort of godhelpus who will only be happy when Fianna Fáil are back in power.

Patrick Honohan had a PHD.

2 Likes

Ah thats great

I am no expert in finance or economics but I think history will judge Patrick Honohan well.

I doubt it pal

1 Like

You certainly put your expertise beyond doubt with that statement mate

1 Like

If they’re qualified, competent and accountable they should be rewarded accordingly. It is rare to find these traits in the Irish public sector.

1 Like

Would you be satisfied to pay 1m quid for someone from the private sector to do the job so if they were best person for the job? Because that’s the kind of money you are talking about realistically

Sure look at the money the likes of drummer, seanie Fitz and fingleton were getting.

They worked out marvellously, didn’t they

Not my argument as you well know. I don’t see any justification to pay those salaries for a supervisory role but Mike hunt wants the best money can buy

If it saved us €30 billion every couple of decades wouldn’t it be worth it

It would but a big salary or educational achievement is no guarantee of success really. Not sure it’s a role for an academic anyway

But it would cost money to the people that “matter” pal.

Its a non runner.[quote=“Julio_Geordio, post:4121, topic:18085, full:true”]
If it saved us €30 billion every couple of decades wouldn’t it be worth it
[/quote]

A bit off topic but that O’Leary cunt has really made it, attending Bilderburg this year.

Surely people from the private sector move across all the time.

deary me, were you in Louis XVIs ear urging him to hire Necker?

:grinning::smiley:

OOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTtt