Ireland politics (Part 1)

Richard Void Barratt

Fotf Regina Doherty was on the radio this morning. She’s a master of relaxed bonhomie. Paul Williams greeted her with the usual Good morning minister to which she replied Hey how’s it going. That was cool and really grabbed the attention of all the younger listeners. She was then talking about how her department would survey people’s pensions. They’d talk to normal people, people like you Paul and me and our listeners about their pensions.

I think Minister Doherty may be in a different space as regards her pension than Paul and our listeners but Paul missed that.

8 Likes

I see Regina has to pay back €16,000 in unlawful payments. Good enough for the wagon.

Minister to hand back €16,000 over ‘unlawful’ payments

2 Likes

I hope whoever wrote that isn’t planning flying anywhere soon?

2 Likes

You couldn’t make it up.

2 Likes

I was nervous of putting that up incase the garda come knocking on the door. That’s why there is no mention of other payments that have magically disappeared

:smile:

Danny Healy-Rae has claimed that having up to a pint-and-a-half before sitting behind the wheel of a car would not cause an accident.

Speaking on Newstalk Breakfast, the Kerry politician said that a new campaign warning against the dangers of driving the morning after drinking would lead to ‘social isolation’ for people in rural communities.

“We need to get clarity on what level of milligrams we’re talking about," he said.

Healy-Rae claimed that anyone with between 50mgs and 80mgs of alcohol in their bloodstream would not cause a road accident.

“My contention is that anyone in that bracket wouldn’t cause a fatality or an accident.”

Heard Danny Healy-Rae this morning on the radio. Could barely understand a word he said.

“The department said in response to a parliamentary question that 134 suspected cases had been identified between 2014 and April this year, with 21 successful prosecutions so far, and 18 people receiving custodial sentences.”

“The Sinn FĂ©in TD Denise Mitchell said this year’s single case showed that there had been no need for Minister for Social Protection Leo Varadkar to launch an advertising campaign last month to encourage the reporting of social-welfare fraud. The campaign, which uses the slogan Welfare Cheats Cheat Us All, has cost €200,845.”

Yeah I copied the above from Joe .ie,

I wasn’t gonna post the link here and generate them a few clicks

FG getting hammered today.

Paschal Donohoe begins transfer of Diageo shares into wife’s name ahead of Budget http://jrnl.ie/3614366

Actually the ad campaign on the dangers of driving under the influence in the morning, proves the opposite of what it is implying. It states that 10% of alcohol related incidents occur between 7 and 11 in the morning. However that is 16% of the day so the fact that only 10% of alcohol related incidents occur in a period that is 16% of the day would suggest that this is one of the safest times to drink drive.

Not if only 5% of all drink driving takes place during those hours.

FFS Paschal, there’s still a conflict of interest.

Typical irish politician solution, sure I’ll just transfer it to the wive ot significant other. They are fucking corrupt. Im shocked he has a wife always has Paschal down for a sausage jockey.

3 Likes

Amateur hour

Yep. Transparency Irish schtyle. I was surprised when I heard he was married with kids too.

Who’d have thought Fine Gael, the supposed party of law and order, would be more corrupt than FF?

I’m sure Leo’s communications unit will be kept busy.

Why doesn’t he just sell the fucking things.