Ireland politics (Part 1)

€€€€€€€

The actions of the Oirish Finance Minister will not move the share price of Diageo by much. Ireland is small volume wise. That said, he should sell them.

You mean the ministry of truth

Anyone else seen this anywhere else?

We fuckin love referendums in Ireland.

Cheap programming for RTE

This one will be very ugly.

1 Like

I hear there’s a vote on lowering the voting age to 16 also?
Be typical of Eire that the British press have the abortion story before any of our own Dinny publications will run with it

Leo is going to lash about ten referendums at us apparently. Great distraction from homeless crisis health crisis etc.

It will be a right slap in the gob to the backward head in the sand loud mouth cunts that get far more air time than their weight of numbers warrants. It will be great craic.

It’ll be an even bigger slap in the gob for the lefties when it’s defeated

5 Likes

In fairness, the most of them are needed to straighten out Eamon’s backwards arse constitution.

It won’t be.

I think it will be

Many of the pro life crowd want it repealed too. They just want it replaced with something more draconian.

Most of the pro choice crowd think “repeal” will sort everything out. But after that happens the government have to legislate for it, that’s the real battle.

We’ll see mate. I know my a fair few older people who wouldn’t have been against gay marriage for example who’ll be vehemently against this

This thing will attract the vast majority of the constituency that turned out in massive numbers for the marriage equality referendum and they’ll vote repeal. Marriage equality passed overwhelmingly.

June next year, eh? That’s nine months away.

2 Likes

It’s different though. This will be a lot more divisive

It will. But I reckon it pass well and the shrieked will get a right smack down.

All depends on what is actually proposed though.