Ireland politics (Part 1)

38k salary allowance. A great fucking country.

Green leadership result incoming

My pal @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy at the mic now

3 Likes

Yup. Was hilarious when Varadkar demoted her despite her rowing behind him, the Sunday Business Post got access to a load of her ministerial emails to aides and they were just embarrassing. Varadkar had no time for her.

Catherine 946 Sleepyhead 994

Wow that was close.

I sensed when Saoirse McHugh resigned from the party earlier that the writing was on the wall for Catherine Martin. McHugh surely had the inside track that Eamon Ryan would be re-elected and if a woman in the form of Martin was swept in then Iā€™m sure sheā€™d have hung around.

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer to see her as a TD. Isnā€™t the Ceann Comhairle more of a symbolic role?

1 Like

Itā€™s only deputy cc when the main one is unavailable. Sheā€™ll still be an ordinary td 90% of the time

1 Like

The teachers havenā€™t a notion of going back

MicheĆ”l Martin at the podium earlier was giving it all the exaggerated and practiced hand movements (ala MicheĆ l Lehane) to emphasise his points. I found it really fucking irksome. In fact, I find everything he says and does very fucking annoying. Iā€™m struggling to accept the democratic will of the people*, guys.

*That said, I doubt many people that transferred to the greens were doing so on the basis theyā€™d be propping up a Martin and Varadkar double act.

1 Like

Bazza did it. And heā€™s fucking proud by all accounts. Heā€™ll have someone else driving him home tonight no doubt.

Some craic in government.

Almost certainly FF.

1 Like

Of course it was Fianna Fail :grinning:

Leoā€™s playing 4d chess.

3 Likes

One particular word he uses all the time which grinds my gears is ā€˜overarchingā€™ as in the overarching priority is to get our children back to school in September

2 Likes

Jayses lads in quare bad form round here this morning. Americanos needed all round. Its Friday lads. Chill

Anyone hear Varadkars interview on the RTE today show, heard it was a bit of a car crash interview and that Sarah McInerney asked him some hard questions? Probably will cost her the job in the long run.

1 Like

Great interview, both acquitted themselves wonderfully. Great bonhomie evident.