Ireland politics (Part 1)

Leo is that you?

Sarah let herself down, I’m no Leo supporter but she continued to dig in needlessly on topics that he answered honestly trying to force a narrative of cabinet division,

1 Like

Fake news.

I thought that as well. He could have been more on top of facts though.

Claire Byrne has a fight on her hands to land that slot from the lovely Sarah

Ah lads.

The increase in the bike to work scheme credit really is a fantastic initiative to stimulate the economy as a result of the pandemic.

Especially as bike shops were absolutely flat out for the duration.

1 Like

They should be encouraging more people to drive given fuel is one of the most heavily taxed items.

They’ll be running advertising campaigns to get people back on the fags too.

How can they seriously justify giving jnr ministers, already on 124k, a 16k pay rise…

4 Likes

FF having one last dip in the trough before irrelevance

Does Eamonn still own a bike shop?

Paul Murphy asked the Dail would the junior ministers not accept a round of applause like the frontline workers got instead of the 16k. Nice dig in fairness

22 Likes

I’d say Leo got an awful fright. He hasn’t been asked a hard question since February.

Yes. They were busy. They will be busier

With everyone either cycling or working from home, we urgently need to incentivize driving. And drinking and smoking.

Another indication, not that it’s needed, that politics has had its day.

We elect people to supposedly run the country and represent us— why is what they get paid in their hands, not ours also?

2 Likes

Because we don’t have a real opposition? Was always one of FFG just waiting their turn to get the nose in the trough again, now it’s the shinners who are happy enough to pull a wage and not have to make decisions cc ROD

All non gov TDs voted against this today. All gov parties voted for it.

38k salary allowance for the leas ceann comhairle

About what a nurse makes.

2 Likes