Ireland politics (Part 1)

I was just going off this article where it mentions 3

I’m not particularly angry either, it’s a poor political move but as I said it makes no difference whatsoever to any real issues

Is it a pay rise or a promotion?

Both? Anyone who got a ministerial roll is getting a promotion which comes with a pay rise. They’ve created an additional “super junior” role and promoted someone to it - that person gets a pay rise.

The optics are terrible but the various Dail chair positions that SF and other parties will be getting will also be promotions and pay raises.

I suppose now is the opportunity for Mary-Lou, Pearse, Catherine Murphy WFC to state on the record that were they to end up in gov they’d abolish the Super Junior positions.

Will they? Will they fuck

Disappointed I had to wait till the of that before you got to SF.

SF have nothing to do with the pay rise or promotion, yet before they had even objected to it all the usual suspects here were having a cut off them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Could we not call it Special Junior ?

2 Likes

They didn’t - the gov gave them a tap in and they took it. They have been bending the facts thought talking about pay rises for 3 people etc but if it winds up the masses then what harm. It wasn’t just SF - all the opposition have been making hay.

It should be noted though that these kind of things tend to get opposition parties very annoyed but they all tend to change their tune when they land in gov.

All SF have to do now to win a majority next time is absolutly nothing

At this rate they could confidently get John Connors and Paddy O’Hooligan elected next time round

4 Likes

It obvious the Govt know full well they won’t last very long and are hellbent on fleecing the coffers for everything they can, while they can

2 Likes

He had his lettuce out the wrong side of the house too I heard

10% pay cuts for all ministers

Well done greens

8 Likes

The initial sneery reaction on Twitter would lead you to ask why would they bother.

Some people just like to be tennis players on the ditch

18 Likes

Tell them to go after RTE next

1 Like
3 Likes

Overarching alert.

cc @Bod95

1 Like

Is an overarching alert higher than a red alert?

I watched the briefing earlier. He used it more than once. He even threw in this beauty at one point, ‘The overarching and over-riding`advice is blah blah, blah di blah’.
A flustering dimwited bluffer of the highest order

1 Like

I bet hand gestures were flying all over the place.

Turns out it’s not a pay cut at all. They have just agreed not to take a rise they (felt) they were due. Sneery Twitter reaction seems to have been fully justified.

These cunts can’t even seem to do an embarrassing climbdown properly.