Ireland politics (Part 1)

Fucking phone.

Leo never struck me as a labour man

1 Like

Fucksake…you missed that boat by nearly 2 hrs.

We’re not seafaring men in Laois

ROD ROD ROD

A politician you can believe in.

3 Likes

Rooted in common sense

Would be fair to say the current government has got off to a slow start

Who is their competition for worst government?

Assume Cowens time when troika came to town will be hard bet

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my sense that a whole raft of people just weren’t buying what Micheál Martin was selling. There’s been a hostility in several quarters towards the government from the outset and its sheer ineptitude and cuntishness so far has done nothing to quell it. I’ve also noticed that usually neutral commentators and reporters are piling in on them in a caustic enough way. It’s like a consensus has already formed that they’re a laughing stock and nobody is tempering their criticism of them.

4 Likes

The hostility in several quarters is from within government circles itself

1 Like

It was always going to be this way. Martin is not someone who inspired confidence, he didn’t when he was a minister and didn’t as the leader of the party. He was so desperate to be Taoiseach he sold his party out and basically FG are just taking the piss now with Varadkar wanting to keep his aide -de-camp, coveney wanting to keep his car and garda driver and now with varadkar and Humphries pulling a fast one in the PUP, they know they can do what they like a Martin is not going to have to back them or pull down the government. Also FF are fighting amongst themselves is not helping Martin. We seen how.much pressure he is under with his carry on at leaders questions today.

1 Like

Poor old MeHole just wants to Netflix and chill tonight

It’s so cringe whenever he tries to be social media savvy

6 Likes

The FF party had a vote on this so they really can’t blame Martin alone . The party as a whole approved this .

It will be interesting to see the fall out on the PUP . My guess is it will be shot down on constitutionality and the volte face will be better than a battle between FF & FG .

Struggling to think of a more out of touch Taoiseach in out lifetime. And fuck knows there’s been some bad ones

I can’t think of any in touch ones

1 Like

FFinished it’s SF and FG who will be the ‘new’ and overarching old firm going forward.

Reynolds government 92 - 94 Rainbow 94 - 97 and Berties 1st term in the main we’re all fairly decent

Martin being Taoiseach now is a bit like one of Justin McCarthy’s Limerick selectors getting the Limerick senior hurling manager job after John Kiely. I know Martin didn’t have one of the finance/economic ministries but he was a senior minister in the worst government ever and sat at cabinet for years with a load of corrupt fuckers too. I get that saying “you bankrupted the country” in response to anything FF say/do is boring in itself, but I think he’s performed a feat to remain personally unscathed and not been deemed guilty by association. I really thought it would need one of the (weird) new breed of FF TDs to take the party on.

1 Like

Too late now