Ireland politics (Part 1)

People on social welfare can travel for two weeks holidays - I dont think that has changed?

A joke really. Are they restricted to green listers or risk losing payment? That should be the case

I was making a similar point to someone more important than me earlier on.

Sat 14th March - I closed the venue after end of trading on this date
Sun 15th March - Govt issued a decree that all public houses must close as of midnight
Last week of March or so - Lucky Laz gets his first PUP payment roughly around this time, or ā€˜The Covidā€™ as it was coloquially referred to back in those days
April 2020 - Govt announces that all pubs will reopen on Aug 10th
May - Govt announces that pubs that serve subtantial meals at a cost of 9eoro can open a phase ahead of pubs that donā€™t.
June - Govt announces that wet pubs can now open on July 20th
July 15th - Despite being ready to go with all training and new regulations implemented Govt does a Uturn saying that wet pubs cannot now open on July 20th
July 28th - Govt introduces legislation saying that everyone on the PUP must be actively seeking employment
July 29th - I find myself responding to @Bandage with a long winded post that could all be summed up with the words, I just havenā€™t got a fucking clue whats going on anymore

The dates there may not be exactly precise but you get the jist.
If I get a dreamjob as an apprentice insurance adviser tomorrow do you think they would be mad if left them next week to reopn my business?

8 Likes

I dont think so - thatā€™s only for PUPies - I think.

I honestly dont think anyone that anyone that is long time unemployed could and does go on a two week sun holiday - thatā€™s a bit of spin from Varadkar and co to create an enemy within- you might get the odd exception that might sell illicit products on the side - but how the fuck can they afford it?

God bless your innocence

Iā€™d say youā€™re over estimating it - Have the guards released any figures on it?

Not that I know of but it was going on plenty pre Covid

Any aul facts to back that up?

They must be facing back the same way so

Actually Iā€™m thinking now of getting away to lovely Belfast for the weekend. Does that make me a criminal now?

Are the pubs open properly up north? I might go for a spin myself

Monday I think

@Lazarus are you actively seeking work at the moment?

This is a trap.

@Lazarus log out of TFK and delete the Covid tracker app.

2 Likes

Iā€™m heading next week to Cushendall to drink pints for the week. Two of the 3 pubs currently open.

1 Like

A big yellow one that would make them stand out. :slight_smile:

Nail on the head here by Una Mullally.

2 Likes
1 Like

Off with her head.