Ireland politics (Part 1)

The Healy Raes will get 3 seats

'Tis unlikely. In 2’16 they had about 2.5 quotas, in 2’20 they had the bare 2 quotas between them. They’d need to find another 10k 1st preferences to do the cap/hat-trick. Uphill battle.

FFG protecting their mates at everyone’s expense.

Donnelly says Covid protocols in meat factories had been working as NPHET advice on restrictions published https://jrnl.ie/5170992

1 Like

You wouldn’t hear trump coming out with the shit these lads have been spouting the last couple of days.

2 Likes

Leo is trying on shoes! Shoes! How elite do you get? And from a shop too!

11 Likes

Rattled Blueshirt alert.

1 Like

Michael Martin should really never be forgiven for not calling these guys bluff .

He’s acknowledging the suffering by refraining from his usual colourful socks

Oh we used to dream of shoes

3 Likes

I thought we’d kept our “fashion shoe” buying impulses out of the public eye but unfortunately David “up the ra” Cullinane doesn’t miss a trick

1 Like

What’s the difference between a shoe and a fashion shoe?

I’ve no idea - @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy will probably be able to let you know.

If you wear with bootcut jeans it’s a fashion shoe

1 Like

It’s similar to a tweet I saw this morning too, Simon harris out for a walk with his daughter and he posted a picture of them wherever in Wicklow he was. And a shit load of abuse that then follows. Why anyone would go into politics is beyond me. Not worth it in the slightest. Whatever about those who know nothing else but being in politics or family involvement or party allegiances etc, but there are also as many who genuinely want to try shape how things are governed and want to make changes or contribute to the country. But no matter what side they are on, left right middle, FFG, SF, independent or whoever, no matter what you do there are cunts out there who will say anything at any stage as if these people are not allowed have a life away from politics and have their own time with families or just doing normal shit.

4 Likes

Don’t you think they know this will happen when they post this sanctimonious drivel? If you don’t well trust me their six figure spin doctors and political advisers do. In fact they are counting on it. Something for Breda and Nuala to point at and say ‘isn’t that awful’ rather than hold them to account on the real issues. Don’t be fooled

You can’t honestly think the abuse is equal from both sides? The at home all day internet warriors were promised free gaffs by SF in a truly irresponsible election ploy (“the builders will be found”) now they feel that all that’s standing between them and being handed an Instagram worthy lifestyle are those fascists in FG. And they’re not happy, and seem to have time all day every day to express it online. They’ve formed a loose coalition with the virtue signallers for whom everything is WRONG, but no suggestion what would be better. The idiocracy inches ever closer.

Leo’s photo is not him doing normal shit with his family though. It’s a photo op. Leo loves the auld photo ops. If Simon is doing normal shit with his family why does he need to tweet pictures of it? While anyone slagging off his daughter is way out of line I don’t think he should be tweeting photos of his kids. Simon loves a photo op too.

These lads are playing the game and know exactly what they are doing

2 Likes

hold them to account on real issues so when they talk about it or are dealing with it. Buying a pair of shoes shouldnt be a point to start attacking a politician over a lockdown in 3 counties. His commentary on holding firm or giving his moral support to thise counties is when to go at him then. Buying a pair of shoes? fuck sake. there is enough out there to be questioning him on.

It was him with his child on his shoulders walking away from the camera, so the child isnt identifiable. But again, because they are a politician they should forgoe the normal stuff other people do posting online or just doing normal stuff? Should they always be switched on?

But this place just shows it does happen. Aboslutely there are plenty out there attacking the government, there are as many going after SF and the rest too (albeit other parties and minorities not in the same level as SF). Even on here, a picture was posted some time back of Mary Lou and her son at a Ballyboden game and lots on here gave both of them shite about it.

1 Like

Anyone who abuses a politician or any party while the politician is with their family is only a pathetic wanker

3 Likes

Do you work for RTE? Pull the wool out of your eyes, it’s blatant cynicism. Scumbag tactics