Ireland politics (Part 1)

All messing aside I wonder does he have narcolepsy or some condition like that.

I’d say it’s boring as fuck sitting there and listening to the shite that’s talked in there

3 Likes

Lettuce pray.

2 Likes

Does he drive a car is then a bigger issue.

Too much red meat in his diet I reckon. That revelation would do him more damage than a nap during the budget I reckon

You’d slaughter Leo for that you cunt :smile:

3 Likes

Eamon may have narcolepsy. Leo is a narcissist.

1 Like

God bless TFK :smile:

Narcilepsy when you fall asleep thinking about how great you are

4 Likes

Good article in The Currency by Stephen Kinsella this morning on the Irish Tax base. Basically we need to raise more tax as a country and based upon international comparison he would suggest employers PRSI, net wealth taxes (including property) and increased income taxes (particularly on lower to middle income households).

Is there a way to throw a PDF up?

File.io has worked for me in the past

The stable income tax take for 2020 illustrates how many workers are out of the tax net. Once we stabilised the public finances the government couldn’t wait to take more and more people out of the tax net, boasting about it at every budget. Meanwhile opposition parties opposed LPT, USC and water charges.

There is no appetite in Ireland for broadening the tax base. Give Paddy US taxes and Swedish services.

2 Likes

That worked

https://file.io/Vit2c4gZF2Cg

I would say that I think The Currency - while expensive - regularly produces quite interesting articles

Yeah - that’s all true. The article goes a bit beyond just income taxes though.

Your point about the Irish political system, all parties to some extent, is bang on the money.

I pay enough tax thanks very much.

I hear you. I think everyone thinks they pay enough tax though - that’s one of his points.

1 Like

If everybody payed nearly half their wages in tax we’d have loads of money.Maybe if so much of it wasn’t wasted we’d be a lot better off.

Yeah - I’d also agree that the expenditure and value for money needs to be looked at. Just out of an election where everyone seemed to want a bigger state (housing, healthcare, education, social supports etc) it’s not clear that the expenditure is coming down anytime soon.

The article seems decent and reflect a moment in time . The Irish economy is very fluid and not easy to pin down

1 Like