Ireland politics (Part 1)

Thereā€™s no other sector except teachers where they work and arenā€™t paid is there?

1 Like

Garda trainees get an allowance. Itā€™s more than the allowance student nurses get.

Anytime weā€™d bring in interns we would pay them a few bob. Slave labour otherwise.

1 Like

Slavic Labour.

I remember when I was in a multinational there were a few lads hired in on a job bridge scheme who were basically working for their dole

Ah yeah I remember being on co-op earning sweet coin while the teachers on placement got fuck all.

Leo on the lunchtime news there talking about student nurses acknowledged that plaudits and praise ā€œdonā€™t butter any parsnipsā€

Redirect the greyhound money to the nurse. Be a grand start. If more is needed redirect the horsey money too.

3 Likes

Garda trainees get a pittance. Usually they save a good bit over the time they spend in templemore because theyā€™re accommodated and their food is thrown up to them.

I donā€™t think the health service can actually function without trainee nurses and doctors and itā€™s apparent that they do real work which should be paid.

Trainee teachers are possibly an exception as they are probably more of a hindrance than a help on their trainee placements.

Leo was a trainee doctor. He knows the hard yards that are put in.

Noā€¦i think itā€™s the principal of paying people for.doing their course placements which is probelmaic

No itā€™s isnā€™t. Doctors are paid for course placements.

agreed, and as a further gesture, Iā€™d happily wipe a few special advisors off the face of the planet to help free up a few more quid for the nurses

1 Like

gernerally students are not paid for placements in the public sector and this includes teachers, gardai & trainee doctors

can this be fact checked?

Maybe the fact that people here are straight into comparing examples between professions/courses points to part of the problem - you canā€™t change/fix one situation without a crowd of others screaming blue murder and claiming equivalence :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It can. Incorrect. Two in a row.

dont be so agressive

Im asking for this statement to be fact checked - thats all - chill

That was a very nasty post directed at you. You dont like to see that sort of thing creeping in onto TFK.

1 Like

I refer you to the previous post where I fact checked your statement and found it to be incorrect.