Ireland politics (Part 2)

Im trying to save the environment here, any means nessessary to ban election posters. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

I never said anything about corruption.

Heā€™s too gormless looking to be a crook

The SIPO rules exist so that Caesarā€™s wife is above suspicion of such charges so to speak.
Itā€™s not Liam Lawlor or Ray Burke here who gave stuff away for a song too but Pascal should be above even being in a conversation concerning vested interests benefitting

Disagree. SIPO exists so politicians can pretend there is governance and oversight of their ethics when clearly there is non. In the words of the fabled irish warrior Conchubhair MacGriogairā€¦ā€˜SIPOā€™ll do bleedin nuttinā€¦ā€™

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably the reason for it alright but when itā€™s not even followed then the pretence falls down too

yes, when the hutch feud was at its height, a lot of people got involved to sort out the issues

Mary Lou had to look after her doners as well sure

although I would say that FG are corrupt

Id take your word for it. Its rare weā€™d have the story from a fella who has been on the insideā€¦

McGregor should be running the country

3 Likes

Paschalā€™s problems are only beginning.

He has yet to explain his relationship with the Kilteely Padoā€™s.

The Ditch have been going for Paschal a long time so

I used to laugh at the concept of political distraction and thought it was exclusive to The Thick Of It etc.

1 Like

This is very disappointing from SF IRA. They seem to try and hold others to a standard they donā€™t reach themselves

The Royal Irish Academy :open_mouth:
West Brit quislings

3 Likes

Iā€™d say everyone in the dail is frantically checking their returns

Itā€™s amazing other politicians tried to make hay with this. Youā€™d imagine in the cut and thrust of an election campaign itā€™s very difficult to keep track of who spent what.

1 Like

Totally agree with this.

It was fairly short-sighted for SF and others to go all in on the minutiae of the Pascal stuff. Campaigns are chaotic and hectic and the notion that the media wouldnā€™t be all over the other parties and candidates too is naive.

Expect a bit of scrutiny too in the next election of the BIK implications of paid SF workers from the North coming down to ā€œvolunteerā€.

1 Like

Pat Kenny filleting that SF bint Mairead Farrell on Newstalk

1 Like