Ireland politics (Part 1)

I wouldnā€™t have thought Murphy would be any sort of credible threat to become FG leader one day?

Yep hes russell Murphyā€™s grandson. I worked with eoghans uncle Whoā€™s a thoroughly alright sort

He is. Russell Murphy. He was an awful cad. He diddled Hugh Leonardā€™s money too. Itā€™s hard to fault him over his choice of victim. My recollection is that he spent in on a renowned beauty who used to write for the Sunday papers. His father is either a senior counsel or a judge.

In fairness you can choose your friends but you canā€™t choose your family.

3 Likes

Well the last leader could barely speak and he was the parties longest serving leader in history, so heā€™s one up on him

Iā€™d say heā€™s a slam dunk for it. Or at least he thinks he is.

The father is a silk. The best thing about Russellā€™s ripoff is that heā€™d ring gaybo saying heā€™d found a first edition book or a painting for him and heā€™d send it over by taxi. Little did gaybo realise all of this was coming from his own money :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry, when I said ā€œwell spokenā€ I meant that he has a clipped South Dublin accent, although there is an element of nasal interference in it. He also has a very slight lisp.

Heā€™s a bit like Ed Miliband in that regard, and also in terms of how he looks. His politics are considerably to the right of Mr. Miliband however.

In terms of the content of what he says, heā€™s certainly no better than Mr. Kenny, considerably worse in my view. I havenā€™t been impressed with him at all when Iā€™ve heard him debating on television and radio.

I donā€™t see him being a credible future leader of Fine Gael at all.

ā€œYouā€™ll be astounded at the reaction on Twitter to Irelandā€™s first gay PMā€

1 Like

I donā€™t see him being a credible future leader of Fine Gael at all.
[/quote]

The current one isnā€™t credible either

Murphy is excellent but is too southside for the role at this stage.

Gay Byrne used to tell parents that their kids should bring their own fizzy drinks to his kids birthday parties so Russell did a good thing imo.

1 Like

Why?

There is lots of housing stock coming on stream in the next 18 months, including social housing. Heā€™ll be cutting a lot of ribbons.

1 Like

Because heā€™s a lazy cunt. Hes so lazy he couldnā€™t even procrastinate properly.

Not great so for the fragrant one ??

Isnā€™t his brother the chappie the liked fizzy orange in Love Hate .

Leo Varadkar, the father is from India, the mother is from Dungarvan. Neither a Hurling stronghold.

1 Like

Kate would make a tremendous leader of Fine Gael in a few yearsā€™ time.

She has the common touch, sheā€™s on the liberal wing of the party, she straddles the rural and urban divide effortlessly and she has authenticity.

Foreign Affairs is a prestige position. Itā€™s like the Grand Offices of State, the ones you want are Finance, Justice and Foreign Affairs. In terms of building up your rep itā€™s a great one as you generally avoid scandal.

Finance is the obvious stepping stone one to the leadership but Liam Cosgrave, Biffo and Garrett all arguably made their reps in that department. Wouldnā€™t want justice.

How is he lazy?

Heā€™s had three ministries and done fuck all in any of them