Things I learned today (Part 1)

:joy:

The 14 year old brother of Irish Times sports journalist Johnny Watterson was shot dead on the Falls Road, presumably by Loyalists, in 1973

I wasn’t even aware Johnny was from Belfast

Is it the custom to provide references before or after a trial?

The Longstaffs are alright sorts

2 Likes

The grandfather of the Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy, Russell Murphy, embezzled over £200,000 of Gay Byrne’s money.

1 Like

russell was a classic WUM into the bargain

come on farmer…keep up

1 Like

Russell Murphy was also having an affair with Sunday Press beauty correspondent Bronwyn Conroy. On Gaybos money.

Daryl Murphy is playing for Bolton Wanderers. Coincidentally his father and myself played for Bolton.

I don’t know as much about this as you lads but the story I heard was that Gaybo had an accountant who told him that he’d keep his finances under the counter and that Gaybo would pay no tax and basically by continually telling Gaybo that he was a criminal and he the accountant was the only one that Gaybo could trust, that’s how the accountant got away with it so long.

I might have this all wrong now but wasn’t there something very specific, like a big payment to open a shopping centre that Gaybo hid from the taxman?

Excuse my scurilous rumour spreading, I’m just trying to get the story straight.

Bolton Street?

1 Like

I passed a chap on the street today who was wearing a 1997/98 Newcastle replica jersey with “Shearer 9” on the back

He looked to be of an age where I doubt he’d even been born in 1998

Bolton Wanderers.

I was a team mate of a lad who used to play for Verona

He wasn’t involved in the 1985 Serie A winning team

Retired football guru John Giles was another to fall foul of Russel Murphy’s various schemes. John dropped about 100k of hard earned loot.
Surprisingly he didn’t kick Murphy to death.

I heard a yarn about Russell’s grandson recently that would have this place closed down if I repeated it

…the 2019 Tidy Town winner mightn’t be the tidiest town of 2019 at all :crazy_face:

Hugh Leonard lost money as well. He didn’t whinge as much about it as Gaybo though.

Your man Fred that “plays” for Man U is a drug cheat. He served a one year ban.

from his play he must still be smoking weed like a chimney before every game

1 Like