Ireland v Belgium

You sure about that,are his parents Cavan folk?I’m pretty sure he said he was a Cavan man on OTB one time

Could be but grew up in college grove around the back of myos

1 Like

Did you manage to get a children’s ticket for @TreatyStones ?

Who made them sell tickets for both games as a package in this current climate ?

Nobody. Thats their strategy.

Bizarre strategy cotton.

More of the same from Ireland. Playing Coleman at 35 who is on his last legs and Brady at 32 who can’t get a game for Preston as wing backs sums it up. Harder to get off the Irish team than on it. O’'Shea’s cheer leaders in the media think it was a great performance mind.

1 Like

What’s the issue with Brady and Coleman?

Yes getting rid of even more experienced players is exactly what we need

1 Like

Dropping lads because of their age is rarely a good idea

Brady cannot get a game for Preston and Coleman is past his best unfortunately. Ogbene should be right wing back.

I agree with what you’re saying and we had similar discussions in our group watching it last night.
I think OShea was playing it somewhat safe as he only has a week in the job. So first and foremost was not to lose the game, badly. All comers have been beating Ireland of late. So maybe his thoughts are not to try anything too fancy and leave it in a better spot for the new man (if there is one) coming in.
It shouldn’t be him ending fellas international careers it will be up to the new man who will be involved in the long term.
Ireland were pretty decent last night and played a bit of ball in the oppositions half of the field for a change.
Yeah it wasn’t the full strength Belgium team but worse sides have out played Ireland. It was good to see us have a go and create a few opportunities last night.

5 Likes

If Ferguson does what he should do, they win last night. They were excellent from what I saw against a Belgium team with the likes of Trossard and Doku. Ireland have a fine young team in the making I think. Need some midfielders though.

And Ogbene needed to square that ball. I have a lot of time for Ogbene but that was an extremely poor bit of play. Saw his name in lights and made a complete fuck of it being greedy.

Small margins at that level but that was junior league level stuff he did.

3 Likes

Yes as well for sure

I think Ogbene is excellent at making the best of difficult situations but he regularly makes a balls of excellent situations, if you get my drift. He’ll take a ball in under pressure in our half, wriggle free, get turned, make serious ground with his pace & draw a foul in an attacking area. Really good to relieve pressure against better teams. But when he’s played in like yesterday, he can often be pretty poor. He actually took a look across at Coleman & it would have been an open goal tap in but he ignored him anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah and that what annoyed me more at the time. He had a look and knew he had support. It was terrible to not even work the goalkeeper then.

He has no left foot which was a big factor there I’d say but he could have even prodded it across with the outside of his right

But he took on the shot with left then anyway.

He did but twas shite, might have thought just thumping it was easier