Ireland v Gibraltar

Ole ole ole

Hourihane has a lovely left peg, some man to spray a crossfield dinger of a pass.

Fuck it. 10 points. We go to Norwich.

1 Like

No Doherty in the side is some disgrace. Our best player tonight in Robinson also taken off? Baffled after that tbh

That’s a bad result. This is like the Munster Championship blitz. Clare are Georgia, Waterford are Gibraltar. The other three teams will all finish level on points and score difference will come into play because the head to head will be all draws.

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear Darren Frehill explaining that tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Excellent result

There are no easy games in international football

It’s not so long since the crack Gibraltarian outfit Lincoln Red Imps beat Glasgow Celtic up a stick in the Champions League

It has to be viewed in that context

It’s also a better result than Mick McCarthy’s Eire team managed at home to Andorra in 2001, and look how that worked out

2 Likes

Terrific game. Terrific result. Terrific atmosphere. The good times are back.

3 Likes

Like watching one of the great Brazil teams dismantle a top top European side.

Results business.

McClean was horrendous there. McGoldrick by far the best player on the pitch

Fantastic seats procured by @ClarkeyCat for us tonight. Back row of upper level in the corner. :clap:

We’ve a few issues (mainly general lack of players of requisite quality) but our left hand side is a problem now. I’ve concluded that Stevens is shit based on the 4 games in this campaign and a couple of other appearances. McClean needs to revert back to impact sub, albeit he did well for Brady’s goal.

I thought Coleman had a fine game and was our best player. He linked up well with Robinson, who showed some promise. Brady needs to be in the starting side somewhere - he’s actually got ability. Hogan was fairly crap and often offside but I’ll reserve judgment.

2 Likes
1 Like

Was at this last night. Jesus we are still crying out for someone with a bit of guile in midfield. Hendrick has plenty energy but you can see him ever opening up a team with a cute pass. Our left side is a problem too. Stevens isn’t up to it at this level and McLean looks to have lost a yard. Coleman on the right looked to be our biggest threat all night.

I think serious consideration should be given to having Brady in the middle, as a no 10 with Robinson and AN Other on the wings with McGoldrick up front. McGoldrick appears to be well able to hold up the ball and turn but he could do with an out ball or someone laying off of him.

All that being said, and as poor as our result looked in comparison to Denmark’s, we still have 10 points and we still took a draw off of them away from home. We have given ourselves a fighting chance in the group.

5 Likes

I would have posted the above last night but, even though the Aviva stadium is festooned with 3 advertising banners and logos, I could get no signal whatsoever on my 3 phone

2 Likes

What an insufferable prick

A cyber hack and the bus breaking down on the one week. The Fai is falling apart at the seams without Dela.

1 Like

Brady left back would be a good shout. Can use the ball anyway.

1 Like

Could dela be the mastermind behind this?

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.