Ireland v Gibraltar

Iā€™m one of Vol. McCleanā€™s biggest fans mate but he has been dreadful in the last few matches.

So have most.

No one scored higher than 3 last nightā€¦ they were fucking septic.

Not debating that, just pointing out that giving MCClean the same rating as the MOTM is odd.

He was atrocious.

1 Like

Jimmy McClean has been poor the last few games. Heā€™s been a great player for Ireland over the years, always gives his all, but heā€™s very limited and out of form at the minute.
That whole left side of the team is wank really.

Weā€™ve only got two lads playing regularly in the top half of the Premiership. They are the only screed of quality we have in the team at the moment. I know they both play the same position and I know putting either out of position would mean you might not get the best out of them. However Iā€™m confident in saying, that even though Iā€™ve never seen Doherty play left full, I already know heā€™s a better left back than Stevens.

We badly need to find a centre midfielder who can create something and a striker whoā€™ll score regularly. But I donā€™t know if they exist at the moment.

Overall though ten points is great going. We look solid at the back and will be hard to beat. Need to add something going forward, but Iā€™m not sure where weā€™ll find the players.

Weā€™ll mug a point off the Danes again in Dublin. Iā€™d be very fearful of the Swiss though, look a very nice side.

Long, obafemi, McCarthy, arter, Doherty, o dowda would add some much needed quality but it is harder get off the Irish team than on it.

Dead right ā€¦it ended 2 - 0

Have you ever seen Long or Artur play? Quality football is not what either bring to a team. Pretty much all the players you have listed there bar McCarthy all trade on their attitude and athleticism. None of them will transform the team and lads like Long will only regress it in a footballing sense.

I think long could play very well off mcgoldrick. Massive problem we have is zero pace in the team. Arter has regressed to be fair. Looked very good few years back. Cullen looks a prospect.

There wonā€™t be another game in this group where we play with 2 up front. It will be 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 from here on out. Long is an option if we want to play direct possibly away to Switzerland where he can look to run in behind but if we are looking for someone to hold it up and play with his back to goal then McGoldrick is a better player in this role.

An in form McCarthy for Whelan is about the only change which may improve us significantly in a footballing sense.

2 Likes

Long is shit but Iā€™d say heā€™s our best option if we need a goal to play alongside McGoldrick as McGoldrick isnā€™t a striker really and Hogan looked shit and Seani is tiny

We will have no goalscorer until young Parrot makes the senior panel at 18 and then a couple of more years for him to mature, massive expectation on the kid but thereā€™s something special about him.

Obafemi has a chance in my opinion.

Some great young lads coming up thatā€™s the most important thing.

Aaron Connolly looks very good for the u21s playing off the left but think he plays as a striker as well. Idah looks a good bit off at the moment but is very young and could improve also

Big house in the Country?

Weā€™re playing Brazil at half 4 tomorrow in the semi of the Toulon tournament btw

1 Like

OKā€¦