Ireland v Greece - UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifying

Little or no coverage of this in the media this week. Cunts.

Iā€™d say the less coverage the better. Time to draw a discrete veil over this shambles.

1 Like

Tony Oā€™Donoghueā€™s news report is on the RTE Soccer Twitter account. Spock says ā€œmathematicallyā€ in the comical Frank Stapleton style that Apres Match used the take the piss out of.

5 Likes

That could be seen as a statement of support for Islamist fundamentalism, which is probably the last thing the FAI should be doing at this stage, though I donā€™t doubt theyā€™re capable of somehow blundering into it.

I heard Evan Ferguson speaking earlier. I donā€™t know is it that Iā€™ve been listening to news programmes so much that Iā€™ve forgotten how people outside the current affairs broadcasting bubble speak, but he sounded like Apres Match Frank Stapleton too.

Christ the build up to this is grim. A lame-duck manager playing a nothing game in a campaign thatā€™s already gone for us. And little to no chance of a playoff either

1 Like

You may change your avatar to the All Whites mate

itā€™s the pits. A fella like Andrew Moran with Evan Ferguson would have given something to go along and watch or get interested in, but heā€™s basically just stuck with the tried and failed again

1 Like

Thereā€™s almost no aspect to get excited about. Bleak

Tremendous deflection in fairness

3-4-3 - 15 passes around the back 3 before hoofing it for someone to chase blindly while being isolated as the midfield was too busy not getting the ball passed to them. The wide men in the 3 staying wide and killing the space for the wing backs. Itā€™s an absolute mess.

3 Likes

All the while the Apres Match character thatā€™s in charge comes out with ā€œwell in our last 8 games weā€™ve only lost by more than one goal twice if you exclude whatever nonsense Iā€™m choosing to exclude this timeā€ shite.

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to see him change up the formationā€¦ he has the players for a 4-3-3. He seems intent on making Doherty the main attacking threat though.

1 Like

Doherty could have been an attacking threat maybe 5 years ago. He was very effective for Wolves.

He barely plays anymore though

1 Like

heā€™s basically built his team around that version of Doherty, even when heā€™s suspended

4 Likes

You couldnt follow an Irish team with that craven cunt Doherty lining out.

1 Like

Spock yesterday accusing the Greeks of getting that prick Doherty sent off back in June when the absolute charlatan got himself sent off on purpose to start his summer holidays early.

1 Like

Its amazing hes gotten such an easy ride for doing that when others have been pilloried for much much less.

Doherty is a charlatan.

2 Likes

He shouldnā€™t be let near the number 10 jersey. Itā€™s an affront

3 Likes

I havenā€™t done a huge amount of research on this rivalry between Gus Poyet and Keith Andrews but based on what I heard on the sports bulletin on morning Ireland then Iā€™m assuming that Andrews has been made look foolish. Talking rubbish and Poyet called him out on it? The sooner we get rid of Kenny and his clueless side-kick the better. Who would the English based Irish man who aided Greece be anyway?

1 Like