Ireland v Greece - UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifying

Its like he doesn’t realise that Doherty’s prime was spent playing with 2 shit hot Portugal midfielders who knew exactly what to do, and an absolute flying machine in Traore in front of him was also in career form. The fact that he was pretty heartless and had zero recovery pace was well covered. Tidy footballer, but Simeone must’ve been appalled when he saw him. I think he needs to drop down a level.

1 Like

Dennis Wise, pals with Poyet?

Apparently it was Gary Dicker. I can imagine Spock mouthing behind closed doors about “yer man Dicker from Cherry Orchard”.

2 Likes

Yeah from their Chelsea days, I think Gus did a stint with him at Millwall. English football is changed so much, its like Wise never existed. Wimbledon are gone and Chelsea are a different beast.

Dennis was last spotted on ITV FA Cup coverage with a Lego Man hair transplant iirc

Doherty is obviously very talented and a physical weapon but his attitude is off and he can’t defend. You don’t build a team around him.

1 Like

Andrews accusing an Irish chap like Dicker of being a spy for Greece was embarrassing enough too and out of order really. It’s just a joke regime all round.

6 Likes

They are the epitome of amateur. When placed against the likes of Trap and MON you’d be fucking mortified. Stan had more about him.

1 Like

The 3-4-3 originated from the brief run of form Sheffield United had a few years back with Egan and Stevens key men, in addition to Coleman and Doherty being the other rare EPL starters. Spock had to be coaxed out of 4-3-3 due to the clamour from the OTB/Second Captains intelligentsia. Without Anthony Barry to hold his hand he’s never shown he can make it work so it’s bizarre we persist with it.

1 Like

Fuck me lads 2 hours before kick off and there’s not a single jersey to be seen around Ringsend and traffic is quieter than usual. Could be a very low turnout for this.

1 Like

When the games start I want Ireland to win but it’s pretty dispiriting all round.

1 Like

Like a Dublin Bay South by-election.

2 Likes

Like what was the fucking point of any of that? And what could he have said?

“Here, between ourselves, Ireland are shite. Play your normal game and you’ll win handy Gus.”

2 Likes

Most low key build up to a game in a long time
Imagine Spock will stick to “tried and trusted”
A deflating 1-2 defeat I fear

He’s an absolute cunt who should never get an Irish shirt again after his “performance” against Greece last time out.

Any sign of a team?

2 Likes

Three at the back again :man_facepalming:t2:

Suggestions it’s a back 4

You have to second guess every Spock team.

It could be a back 4 with Scales left back, or it could be a back 5 with Scales left of the 3 & Doherty playing left wing back & Browne filling in on the right again.

I’d guess 5-3-1-1

Bazunu;
Browne, Collins, Duffy, Scales, Doherty;
Smallbone, Cullen, Knight;
Ogbene;
Ferguson.

1 Like

Greece keeper Vlach is no 2 at Forest behind Turner but touted by many to be the no 1 sooner rather than later. Good to see Omobamdeli on the bench