Ireland v Hungary (and then Portugal)

Didi Hamann close to tears here for his adopted nation.

O’Dowda was good when he came on

1 Like

If he’d passed it, himself and sammie would have messed it up between them somehow.

Is there anybody to come in centre midfield @Perez2017?

Other than a completely unproven Lawal.

Good spine of a team there with Kelleher, Scales, AN Other & Idah.

1 Like

:astonished:

6 Likes

Right back and left back are killing us going forward. We have no options. If Lawal has a big season next year he will have to come in. Could he come in at Celtic? Possibly? I would play 4 centre half’s at the back given our lack of full backs.

Throw Collins or Obama-dembele into centre mid a la Paul McGrath

Didi all for Sheasy.

JOS is actually going to happen :joy:

Only a thumping from Portugal can save us now.

If you’re playing with wing backs who essentially have to cover the whole length of the pitch then you need pace & stamina. Unfortunately Coleman & Brady no longer have that. You might get away with one of them but you become a bit blunt with two.

My Celtic sources indicate that Rodgers sees potential in Lawal & has been keeping in direct contact with him this season. The previous regime didn’t think he would make it at Celtic but Rodgers wants to have a close look at him in pre-season. I think he played both at the back & in midfield going up through the age levels but had settled on centre back at Celtic. We can credit Charlie Adam for restoring him to midfield during his loan spell so I think that’s where he’ll be tried out.

Didi doesn’t want a foreigner getting the job.

Sammie Smods did look slightly offside there.

Feel good factor.
Green shoots.

We’re back!

2 Likes

At least Sammie looks forward when he gets the ball.

Great result for Ireland o Shea. It’s all about winning.

Going to watch the second-half back now. Were Hungary bad? I feel like it could be a reverse of our pre-Euro 2012 meeting. On that occasion they outplayed us but we held on for a 0-0 draw which was a harbinger of doom for the group of death on the horizon.

A lot of the O’Shea doubters fairly fucking quiet tonight! Up yer bollix

3 Likes

How did we play,? A lot of anti O’Shea sentiment around here tonight

The crowd were leaving with 15 minutes to go. Dreadful stuff.