Ireland v Netherlands - Sunday, 7.45pm

It is mate but Carley was proud to play for Ireland . Actually offered his services to FAI a few years back to coach an underage side but Delaney passed on the offer. Will take the job in my opinion. I hope he does. Need a huge clear out and Carley the man to do it.

Carsley is favorite to take over from Southgate

Isn’t a hope of England appointing Carsley as senior manager.

1 Like

Not really many other options - he’d be a strong fav

Jesus, one of the two of ye will be right there

No chance mate. They will go for a big name.

I’d tend to agree, GS got it for the 50 plus caps and the person he is

Frank Lampard might get it.

Big Sam would be ideal.

1 Like

Would likely go well and a step ahead in acumen of most he would meet at the level. Ferguson and the likes of Idah woukd interest him Idah is very like a young Kevin Davies.

1 Like

He’d be pragmatic at least and would try to get the group playing ball to their strengths.

The limitations within the squad are obvious but we should be doing better at the same time.

1 Like

Big Sam ticks the League of Ireland box & is one of our own so he’d get the likes of @Ralphie & the grassroots brigade on side. Great to bring players & managers through from the system.

3 Likes

An immense amount of football heritage he is trying to displace. The semi competitiveness against the top sides makes the other results look worse. Fair play to Didi for calling it out again tonight.

That isnt the worst squad, Martin O’Neill had worse I’d contend. Brady, Hendrick and a 101 year old Houlihan were the stars.

1 Like

In the analysis, he called Ireland ‘us’. The type of behaviour that would have lads around here label him as a footix

2 Likes

Are you being sincere there? Because they better not bring another complete and utter fucking mug in

Lads here screaming for Manning for years. Very poor when he came on.

Didi played with and against great Irish players

1 Like

We do have decent attacking options but we are not by any means a team that will score a lot of goals. We’re too open at the back and that problem is exaberated by our midfield options. Goals seem to be going in from distance all the time under Stephen Kenny.

1 Like

Interesting group of players there, new appointment might surprise. I think people will want it. Its on the floor.

1 Like