Ireland v Uruguay

Whelan and Wilson have also withdrawn.

It’s a shame so many fringe players (Walters, Best, Coleman, Wilson etc) are unavailable as it would be a great chance to have a look at them.

Damien Delaney has been added to the squad as well.

We will be very short on numbers tonight for the bench?

McGeady, Stokes, Delaney, Gibson and Treacy along with the two reserve keepers. Am I missing anyone?

Quite a decent display from Ireland so far.

Sloppy goal to concede but a good response and well taken header from Long.

Great strike by Cavani, the midfield really should have closed off Uruguay alot earlier there.

This lark of thumping the ball forward pisses me off.

Peno for us now - great work by Long.

Nice peno by Fahey.

:clap:

Sorry lads but who the fuck is Keith Tracey?

Preston left winger. Was an apprentice at Blackburn, I think, but didn’t make the grade there. Surprisingly pulled out of a couple of previous squads citing fatigue from club football.

How shit is Muslera? Us Roma supporters can thank him for gifting us shit loads of derby goals over the past couple of years… He was rubbish in the World Cup too but Damien Richardson was praising him on radio commentary earlier. I won’t say anything about Andy Keogh’s effort there.

Trap would have nodded Keoghs effort in. Long has been excellent.

Can O’Dea do anything else other than lump balls forward from the back?

Bit harsh to pin that on O’Dea alone.

Only saw the last half hour but catching up on highlights now. Very encouraging to see Shane Long’s continuing improvement. Didn’t think he was brilliant the other night but lots of positive stuff from him tonight - strong, mobile, working the channels and getting his goal too.

The first 2 balls I saw O’Dea with he just hoofed forward to no-one in particular. Maybe it just stood out for me more cos he seemed to do nothing else with any other ball he got.

Nice ball by Lawrence for the second goal too. He’s generally done very well for us and it’s good to have him as an option what with Duff being quite injury prone at this stage of his career.

How did McCarthy play? I would have played him for 90 minutes to piss off that prick that manages Wigan.

Could someone please provide player ratings?

Funnily enough the two worst lads were nearly Clark and McCarthy who most of us wanted to start the last day. McCarthy was nearly totally anonymous before being taken off while Clark made some awful fuck ups at left back (nothing worse than Kilbane has done over the years in fairness though!?

Just got in. Free tickets, rest assured. I was in the singing section down in the south stand so it’s hard to give any decent analysis, the view isn’t conducive to watching the game properly. Some thoughts though:
a depressing amount of balls hoofed forward. Such a waste when they’re so rarely going to be won by Long or Keogh.
Keogh actually was way better when he was moved up front. As I said earlier he’s simply not a winger. It’s actually bizarre that Trap keeps playing him there, imo.
Aiden McGeady :clap: I can’t say much more than that.
Someone needs to keep Richard Dunne off the beer.

My sister has just texted me a photo of her and Aiden McGeady which she has taken after the game. She met him and apparently “it wasn’t appropriate” to ask him to say “Hi I’m Aiden McGeady and I read TFK” into a camera. Good enough for that Kilkenny fucker but a bit beneath Aiden maybe.

Main feedback was:

1. he’s really nice
  2. he had lovely aftershave on
  3. his mother is very nice too.

What a guy.

Yeah, McCarthy looked a little lost. I thought he was better in the second half though when he dropped a little deeper. In fairness, he doesn’t play as a number 10 for Wigan. Trap was saying they had to find a position he was comfortable in and then proceeded to stick him playing off the striker in a (to the best of my knowledge) completely unfamiliar role.

Full backs seemed to needlessly dart infield for goals 2 (Foley) and 3 (Clark) when we had numbers in there leaving the pass on to the scorer in each case.

So McCarthy is the cure to all our midfield ills then? How did Fahey, Clark and Lawrence get on.

:rolleyes: