Ireland v Uruguay

Trapattoni has released Dunne, Keane, Duff, Kilbane and Doyle (obviously) so they won’t be featuring on Tuesday. Kilbane was on the bench for Huddersfield today!

With Best injured, Walters not available and Doyle out of the squad we’re a little short on strikers so Stokes and Sheridan are on standby. Am I missing someone or does that mean only Long is available?

McCarthy is likely to play and Trap has said that he’ll speak to him about where to play him because he wants to play young players particularly in their preferred position. With Coleman out too he’s going to miss out on a chance to impress so might end up with something like:

[center]Westwood

Foley Clark O’Dea Treacy

McGeady Fahey Gibson Lawrence

McCarthy

Long
[/center]

There’s also the likes of Paul Green, Marc Wilson and Stephen Kelly who could see some action.

Stephen Kelly to captain Ireland in this one :o

Westwood
Foley
Dea
Clarke
Kelly
Green
Lawro
Fahey
Keogh
McCarthy
Long

Was never going to be an inspiring team.

Hopefully Fahey isn’t edit: is playing centrally, other than that nothing to complain or get excited about.

Is it defnitely Keogh on the wing with McCarthy behind Long?

It could be:

[center]McCarthy Green Fahey Lawrence

Keogh Long

or

Lawrence Green Fahey Keogh

McCarthy

Long

or even

Lawrence Green McCarthy Fahey

Keogh Long[/center]

Its 451 apparently with Lawrence and Keogh on the flanks.

Liverpool linked with McCarthy today.

Where you see this farmer?

The transfer gossip part of the official website Fran.

I think the original source is the People or some of those other red tops.

I’ll feel sorry for Keogh if he’s played on the wing again. He’s really not a winger, he’s a striker.
Is Walters available? Anyone think he may have come on instead of Long on Saturday had he been available? At the end of the day the principal tactic reverted to hoofing it long to the strikers…

Nope, Walters hasn’t travelled over and he’s not on standby either. I think Long was always likely to come on first but Walters could have replaced Keane with Long playing wider or deeper if he’d been available.

Stokes has been called up to the squad.

Surprised to hear that the back 4 is

Foley_Kelly_O’Dea_Clark

Had presumed it was Clark at centre back with Kelly on the left but it’s not. Small concern over playing two left footed centre backs together maybe, particularly two inexperienced guys, but I’d have thought Clark at centre back was more natural. Obviously an eye on replacing Kilbane that means Clark is playing at full back.

Rocko, why do you not want Fahey to play centrally? Surely that’s where we should be trying him out.

Stephen Kelly came across as a throughly alright sort in his interview on MNS there. :clap:

This squad is a great bunch of lads.

Meant to say the exact opposite and have now amended my post to reflect that.

Just pay more attention when posting in future.

He sounds like one of the (Dublin) rugby lads. Poshos are well represented on this team now, truly a team for the people :clap:

Who else? Apart from Duffer and Robbie Keane obviously

Wouldn’t have Robbie down as a posho in fairness to him.
Andy Keogh attended CBC Monkstown Park in south County Dublin.

I’m assuming this won’t be a full house.
Would I pick up a ticket without too much hassle if I went mooching around the bedpan and its environs beforehand?

Get the DART in and you’ll get one with it. Or alternatively buy a bag of chips outside, think they are giving them out with them as well.