Ireland vs Armenia. Tuesday @ 7.45 i presume

Alan Browne has played there effectively enough if I recall. It’s a demanding role to be fair.

I think Doherty is very good going forward from there but defensively he’s suspect, especially in the moments after he has been involved in an attack, as was seen for the leg dangling for the cross last Saturday night that led to Scots first goal. He’s obviously no. 1 in that spot but we need a back up and Seamie is the obvious candidate for it.

Omabamidele could play it well also I think but he’s injured

I see some of the players are after getting the skin fades topped up.

The lad who cut my hair before appears to be in the Ireland team hotel giving haircuts.

Nathan Collins got a fine hair cut.

I don’t think Hendrick can do that job. Maybe Molumby sits at the base, and Hendrick comes in for him. I’d probably prefer Browne despite the ridiculous penalty.

Not very inspiring though.

Hopefully Coleman doesn’t play RWB; surely it has to be Ogbene if Doherty doesn’t make it, Coleman is a RCB or nothing.

Is Doherty definitely out ?

No. It’s the consensus that he faded during the Scots game. But it’s games that he needs. The Doc plays for me.

I don’t think any of them are really capable of playing that role. Molumby is all action, Browne is a ground covering type also, I’d say Hendrick is probably more suited to it. He might even consider Hourihane given the opposition. He could surely get on the ball and knock a few passes around and set a tempo. But last thing we want is our players taking 3 or 4 touches before playing a conservative/square pass. That’ll be easy to defend against. I’d to see us moving the ball at speed and getting at the bastards from multiple areas rather than being predictable.

Is the 21’s game on TV?

@padjo - please put up a poll, if Oireland lose tonight should Spock be sacked

It’s on the RTE Player.

Apparently Israel have called up some lads that were in the senior squad for their Nations League game the other night. It includes Liel Abada from Celtic.

1 Like

yet Spock wouldnt allow our young guns to play as its all about him

Who would you release from the match squad this evening to play in Israel?

Bazunu of course

stop with the inane questions mate

1 Like

So you would take our best keeper and arguably our best player out of the team in a game we must get a result in for the senior team and send him to an, albeit, very important u21s game? You would do this when the ultimate for any player is to play for the senior side for their country?

are we at a stage where there is some doubt that we wont beat Armenia at home

Are these the Sunny Uplands “expansive football” has given us?

as wind ups go this one is backfiring spectacularly on you

Friend has a ticket for a match tonight. A €65 seat. Willing to sell for €50. Gimme a shout

??

Israel are doing it, we should too

Israel don’t have a competitive senior match, they were due to play Russia but are playing a friendly against Malta

Senior matches are priority. Always

we are playing armenia

we lost to them already mate. It’s all hands on deck. It’s pretty crucial we don’t lose this for future qualifying campaigns