Ireland vs Armenia. Tuesday @ 7.45 i presume

Stephen Kenny isn’t a good manager and needs to be replaced

3 Likes

Who’s going to replace the suspended Josh Cullen at the base of the Irish midfield?

Stop it. Who comes in for Cullen? Hendrick? Send the taxi and the wd40 for glenn whelan?

I’m predicting

Coleman in for the Doc
Hendrick into midfield
Maybe a start for Brady instead of Vol McClean

This is a relegation six pointer, isn’t it? The nation will be on tenterhooks tomorrow night.

1 Like

I’d have Glenn Whelan in there for experience

Armenia in turmoil ahead of Ireland clash as local media walk out of manager’s press conference - Independent.ie

Replaced with who exactly?

Where’s James McCarthy at?

A draw will do us.

WASU.

1 Like

Stephen Ireland
Wes Hoolahan
Andy Ried

We only need a draw to survive

#wearestayingup

I was talking to the Armenian @Breaking_my_balls and he said Caparros is doing a fine job.

6 Likes

Rotting in the Celtic reserves. But he’s playing out his boyhood dream to be fair to him.

I can still recall the roar that greeted James McCarthy as came on as a substitute against Macedonia in March 2011 to make his competitive debut for Ireland. The reality didn’t quite match the hype.

In a parallel world, Ireland reached the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup with the experienced elder statesman Stephen Ireland, ageing like a fine wine, controlling the midfield alongside McCarthy, who was fulfilling his early promise as the next Pelé, with Jack Grealish sprinkling his stardust and the indefatigable young gun Declan Rice belying his youth by channelling Paul McGrath. A golden era.

2 Likes

Caparros is building something really special, sure didn’t they beat Ireland 1-0 last year

Barring his performances at Euro 2016where he was excellent, he has really been a huge disappointment in an Ireland jersey.

2016 was the peak of a lot of those lads careers. Hendrick and Robbie Brady never kicked on at all

Bazunu

Collins, Egan, O’Shea

Coleman, Molumby, Hendrick, Knight, Brady

Obafemi, Ogbene

1 Like

It’s a real retrograde step going back to Coleman at this stage. His legs are completely gone and he basically offers nothing now. He was a fine player tbf.