Ireland vs Moldova & Wales v Ireland - World Cup Qualifiers 06/10/2017 & 09/10/2017

If the Eire soccer types are so concerned about the possible condition of the pitch and stadium most generously provided to them by the Irish Rugby Football Union, maybe they should consider playing this upcoming qualifier at a special purpose soccer stadium like Turners Cross or Markets Field.

1 Like

IMG_1876

Heroic performance and superb finish for winning goal. WTF were Wales at for 38 minutes? basically launching ball into the Irish box playing right into our aerial strength. Brainless stuff but fuck them.

I only watched the first 20 or so mins and than had to go. Driving into Sydney this morning with Fitzy Jnr ringing me with upddates. Can’t wait to watch it, I love you guys.

6 Likes

Can someone fire up some Welsh Twitter/'media reaction to our fucking up of Joe Allen. I want to bask in the seethe, especially after they hurt our beautiful Seamie and didn’t give a fuck at the time.

1 Like

Bbc radio 4 implied that he was targeted this morning.

1 Like

Howard from Swansea isn’t happy :joy:

7 Likes

Up her hole Howard. We need Mr Totti to reply to him there ASAP.

1 Like

Ray Houghton just said on radio that Wales hadn’t lost a competitive game in 4 years.

Great achievement for them to win the Euros in fairness

3 Likes

Seeding the playoffs is bullshit. All teams second best in their groups. Should be no favouritism after that.

6 Likes

They could have the friendly as a curtain raiser? Be great to have the pitch in bits for our continental opponents.

Does the “away” goal come into play in the play offs ?

Play it in Croker and we’ll all get tickets.

Croke Park was fucking godawful for association football games.

1 Like

Yes, they count double

3 Likes

To be honest that could be a plus .

1 Like

Croke Park is awful for the vast majority of GAA games ffs .

1 Like

Pairc Ui Chaoimh

2 Likes

Not at all, there’s been plenty of good days there, its the third biggest stadium in Europe, for a niche sport, there’s gonna be days when its not heaving at the seams obviously, but the good days are outstanding.

Its dreadful for association football. The game is lost in the place.

At this stage ; 4 AI semis at a push and 2 finals . A few others maybe .

Agree that soccer doesn’t suit there . Anyway there won’t be soccer played there for a long time .