Irelands Fittest Family

As good a young lad as has ever been on it I’d say

Did anyone see Ewan’s tweet the other night (now deleted) that Davy assaulted one of the family members on this show?

Yes. Yes I did.

Maybe if you were a simpleton like him

Last night’s show was great. At the start of the show you’d be inclined to judge by appearances and the team who I though had the advantage (having 3 sons) was the first team out. The 14 year old who was probably never in a gym in his life, in tears at receiving praise from Davy, the mothers and daughters putting in over two minutes on the first challenge, I’d do well to do 30 seconds I’d say. Rascal said he did two minutes but I’m not convinced.

The fucking auld lads though :muscle: :muscle:. One trying to run off the hamstring pull, another doing over 12 minutes on the first challenge at 59 years of age, nearly twice as long as anyone else. Wonderful stuff.

3 Likes

I always think that the families that the 3 sons have the advantage but usually they go out early. Last night was good. That chair event is a killer.

Instagram gym lads. Wouldn’t run the length of themselves

3 Likes

Artificial muscle

Unlike the auld lads, one doing over 12 minutes on the chair and the other trying to run through a pulled hamstring. Real toughness there.

Cycling as young lads is a big help from an athletic development point of view.

I believe a lot of this current Dublin Senior Football team used cycle around Dublin to training when they were young which might explain a little, why they are athletically superior to the rest.

The chair event ?? There’s no chair

12 minutes on the chair ??

I put in 12 hours on a sofa yesterday.

There’s no chair. It’s the no chair round

1 Like

Jaysus whenever we did this exercise it was called the chair. So that is what I am calling it so live with it.

It’s called Back to the wall and that’s what you’ll call it from here on in

It’s called a wall sit

2 Likes

Fuck sake it’s like a thing a 7 year old child would invent.

Ah lads :rofl:

1 Like

I cycled everywhere from the ages of 12 - 18. I mean everywhere, and I was mangled from injuries by the time i was 22

2 Likes

They are not too strict on the form.

They should not be allowed put hands on legs. Makes a cod of it.

2 Likes

Yes, I commented the same.
I had the young fella doing them last night but he just gave up after 40 secs.

3 Likes