Irelands Fittest Family

Another big win there last night for Tom Deveen Devine to go with his National Hurling League winners medal.

Ya we played them. They were a good team but he was a joke. I went to a few of the county games. Think they beat Naomh Aban at some point, long time back now.

Remember lads from Kilshannig and Killavullen and places like that from school fuming over this “chink” who was killing them. That was before i came across him. Sadly thats what he was universally known as.

I never thought I would see the day when it all kicked off on the ireland fittest family thread. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They seem like a thoroughly decent family. Delighted to see them come out on top. Especially beating that other cunt.

Jesus you want to hear the abuse that was shouted at him by ignorant cunts in dublin club football. Disgusting. Fair play to the lad for not reacting to it.

It all comes out in Club it appears, didnt some bitches down in Cork slag off that wan over her dead partner? Shameful.

Good parenting has to be at work there.

What is his heritage anyway?

Tom is a lovely chap and as strong as a bull.

1 Like

Iv played golf with him twice, a lovely man.

This senior football league and championship not kids matches.

@myboyblue, unfortunately club football can bring out a very ugly side. :frowning:

Dont I know it. I’ve heard worse than you could ever imagine.

Good parenting with himself i mean. To ignore it.

Don’t know actually, I don’t think I ever asked. It’s funny when I look back at it now, I never remember thinking he looked different. And Ballyhea was not a very diverse place! I was just a kid at the time. The fact that he was from Dublin was nearly more exotic.

His old lad is from Hong Kong or some such I think

1 Like

Where does Chink come from? Is it just an abrviation of some sort of China?
Not the hugest insult in many ways really. Not condining it, many of the insults are a bit soft people get offended by.

I assume from the squinty eyes?

But where does chink come in? Does chink mean sqinty in some way? Or slanty?

Ching dynasty that migrated west in 1800s became known as chinks. And why wouldn’t they, if they were sensitive to how westerners would pronounce their name maybe they should have stayed home.
No harm in it.
Same as Walshs getting known as Welshs.
MacMahons as MickMahons. Etc etc.

A chink of light?

Maybe given their failure to develop glass retarded their development.