Ireland's least funny comedian is Jason fucking Byrne

Does Al Porter qualify?

Incredible how Mario Rosenstock hasnā€™t got a mention yet.

Maybe itā€™s because people have forgotten that he is actually a comedian, theoretically at least.

Oliver Callanā€™s greatest achievement is to make Mario Rosenstock comparatively funny

1 Like

Heā€™s also a repugnant cunt.

I went to see him in Kilkenny a couple of years back. Thought Iā€™d never get out of the fucking place

So basically we havenā€™t produced a decent comedian since Dermot Morgan?

Dermot Morgan was a genius, be hard-pressed to match him.

But there are a handful of good ones.

Good ones

Dylan Moran
Jason Byrne (live only)
Dara O Briain
Tommy Tiernan about 50% of the time
Barry Murphy

Bad ones
Karl Spain
Delamere
Colin Murphy
O kane
Kevin Gildea (one of the worst sets iā€™ve ever seen in Gibneys one night)
Ed Byrne

Also, I think whether we like it or not, the whole world is pissing themselves laughing at Brendan O Carroll so heā€™s got to go down as a funny cunt.

2 Likes

Winner

Iā€™ve met him a few times and find him really hard to talk to. Heā€™s always ā€˜onā€™ trying out material. Itā€™s quite offputting.

You should give him a job, Iā€™d say he could do with it.

Pat Shortt is very funny.

Itā€™s mainly auld people that like his shite, so the pissing mightnā€™t be related to the laughing.

5 Likes

I saw Morgan doing stand up and he was fucking awful. Came across as an arrogant cunt. Got cross because people werenā€™t laughing.

Would agree with all the bad ones there.
Never heard Gildea say anything remotely humorous.
Deirdre Oā€™Kane is just donā€™t get at all.

Anything from BBC Northern Ireland comedy wise is always atrocious.

Saw him MC a comedy show in Dolanā€™s once years ago and he was very funny although Iā€™ve only really heard him on the radio a couple of times since and he was not so funny.

Jimeoin. Odd nordie cunt that was making a name for himself in oz back in the day. Most irish comedians are shite. I donā€™t find tiernan one bit funny for some reason.

1 Like

You were a demon to work back then Piles. Sorted me out for ale when required. Tip o the hat to ya sir

Dats riiiiiiiiiiiiight