Irish banking shares

Well, AIB were 29 cent last week and are at 1.15 today and earlier were at 1.30 a share.
Stick your 10k in at even 50cent when they were rising and get out at a euro and make 10k profit.
Hindsight is wonderful.
I shoudl have gone with my mate in Tipp. If he does not invest then the stock will sky rocket. He said last week that we won’t invest in banks. I should have seen the signs.

yours etc,
GSH.

HP are shutting down their Irish operation for 8 days between Paddys Day and Easter Monday in a bid to cut costs. The 4,000 Irish employees are being forced to take the 8 days out of their annual leave.

Thats rough enough. They must be struggling there so. Are these companies taking all this drastic action in a bid to maintain their ridiculously high profit margins or in attempt to avert losses. I have a feeling it’s the former. In recent years HP have taken a big market share from Dell.

What’s this got to do with banking, Macparty?

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]Well, AIB were 29 cent last week and are at 1.15 today and earlier were at 1.30 a share.
Stick your 10k in at even 50cent when they were rising and get out at a euro and make 10k profit.
Hindsight is wonderful.
I shoudl have gone with my mate in Tipp. If he does not invest then the stock will sky rocket. He said last week that we won’t invest in banks. I should have seen the signs.

yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]

And if they stagged them as you said no CGT would apply or worst case their annual allowance would be ate.

HP have a bank account in Ireland

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]Well, AIB were 29 cent last week and are at 1.15 today and earlier were at 1.30 a share.
Hindsight is wonderful.

yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]
Makes me want to quit my job and just sit in front of my computer all day using Internet Banking to be honest. Shares in the banks and airlines are fluctuating so much at the moment, it’s a beautiful time to make a quick buck in less than a week.

Helcome hack Hen Hermin heconomics hexpert

HP have a big banking division here don’t they? They run all their financial stuff through a bank type company.

Instructed the mother to buy BOI and AIB on Monday.

My only consolation is that my pension fund switched to 100% equity about 3 months ago so I hope they had more of a sac than I had.
Before I was married (back when I had full control of my own balls) I would not have thought twice.
It would be interesting to find out who is buying.
Yours etc,
GSH.

I went into X bank on Monday; looking for circa 250K

They told me piss off; the max they’d do was 50% of the Purchase Price.

Now the story behind it is:
House for sale @ 459K (corner site; garage, mature gardens & bay windows) great location. It needs 75k spend (have builder).

Now the bar manager where the seller drinks has advised privately to my builder that 280 is the max expected by seller and he needs it. So naturally I followed it up.

I’m prepared to walk away but are there any banks lending sensibly?

BTW; some very hungry people out there.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]I went into X bank on Monday; looking for circa 250K

They told me piss off; the max they’d do was 50% of the Purchase Price.

Now the story behind it is:
House for sale @ 459K (corner site; garage, mature gardens & bay windows) great location. It needs 75k spend (have builder).

Now the bar manager where the seller drinks has advised privately to my builder that 280 is the max expected by seller and he needs it. So naturally I followed it up.

I’m prepared to walk away but are there any banks lending sensibly?

BTW; some very hungry people out there.[/quote]

been looking myself maire,

there was a 3 bed fixer upper off serpentine ave, list price was 600k but they were looking at offers of 425, there’s bargains to be had if you have the money/mortgage

[quote=“artfoley”]

there was a 3 bed fixer upper off serpentine ave, list price was 600k but they were looking at offers of 425, there’s bargains to be had if you have the money/mortgage[/quote]

Jesus - that is a bargain.

well considering that a non fixer upper on the same road is listed for 980k

[quote=“artfoley”]been looking myself maire,

there was a 3 bed fixer upper off serpentine ave, list price was 600k but they were looking at offers of 425, there’s bargains to be had if you have the money/mortgage[/quote]

Art
Buy nothing within the canals unless it has off street parking or is on a cul-de-sac.
And before you start doing the blow hard; I do know what I’m talking about.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Art
Buy nothing within the canals unless it has off street parking or is on a cul-de-sac.
And before you start doing the blow hard; I do know what I’m talking about.[/quote]

wasn’t going to blow hard, thanks for the advice MGG, the place in question is in a cul de sac

Cupla Ceist
Are you buying on your own and are you a FTB?

If you are buying with A N Other and you are both FTB’s; only have the sale stamped in one name; then the FTB is available should you and A N Other consider trading up to Haddington Road. If the trade up is in both names 50% of the stamp duty due will qualify for ftb relief.

Small print: as it currently stands.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Cupla Ceist
Are you buying on your own and are you a FTB?

If you are buying with A N Other and you are both FTB’s; only have the sale stamped in one name; then the FTB is available should you and A N Other consider trading up to Haddington Road. If the trade up is in both names 50% of the stamp duty due will qualify for ftb relief.

Small print: as it currently stands.[/quote]

I’m a FTB, herself would be a 2nd time buyer, so if i have it stamped solely in my name then no duty and if in both names 50% stamp ?

wait till she answers your question before doing anythng hasty Foley

hence the question mark !