Irish COTY19: Cunt of the Year Log Thread 2019

Eight and a half courics of pure unadulterated cuntery. I give you

6 Likes

What an episode :laughing:

Iā€™m confused lads. Did John Connors not win it last year?

Iā€™d say thereā€™s plenty. The likes of p Flynn and Beverley.

2 Likes

How John Bruton never won it is beyond me. He probably dominated the roll of honour in the 90s like Stephen Hendry did in the snooker but fell away in the noughties after a period of invincibility.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a PM on what potential COTY 2019 Richie Sadlier has been up to

As will I

John Doyle

1 Like

@artfoley after hoovering up the likes on the back of my brainwave

The more I think about it the more I believe Dara Murphy should be a contender.

Fits a fair bit of the criteria.

• brass neck.
  • fed off the trough.
  • Cork
2 Likes

A priest winning the TFK COTY award would be a definitive answer as to whether Ireland is now a secular society or not. It would also add weight to the argument for the TFK collective noun for a cunt being added to the dictionary.

Liam Seedy

Be hard get a priest over the line with such a strong clergy vote here

Brian Dā€™Arcy would be on my list.

I know nothing about Fr Dā€™Arcy because Iā€™ve always just ignored him like I just ignore all priests so I had a wee look on wikipedia there and he sounds like a good candidate:-

In his early years as a priest, Dā€™Arcy took it on himself to become an unofficial chaplain to the showbusiness community in Dublin, visiting dancehalls seven nights a week and hearing confessions from musicians and fans alike.[10] Such was his fame during this period that he reportedly became the inspiration for Dermot Morganā€™s character, Father Trendy. [11]

Dā€™Arcy has publicly opposed the existing disciplinary norms regarding clerical celibacy and has sought the possibility to ordain married priests.[12][13]

Concerns have been expressed by the Vaticanā€™s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith about some aspects of Dā€™Arcyā€™s writing; he was warned in April 2012 that he must now submit his writings and broadcasts to an official censor.[14]

Dā€™Arcy has been a prominent supporter of SeĆ”n Quinn (once Irelandā€™s richest billionaire) and his family in their court battles with the Irish state. Dā€™Arcy controversially spoke at a rally in July 2012 in protest against the High Court finding Sean Quinn Jnr and his cousin Peter Darragh Quinn were found in contempt of court for not complying with its order to produce the ā‚¬451 million they had moved out of the state while owing it to the state. While SeĆ”n Jnr served his prison time, Peter Quinn (who was found in contempt on the basis of evidence including a video-tape of him in the Ukraine detailing the crime) became a fugitive and is currently at large in Dā€™Arcyā€™s pastoral area of Enniskillen: in 2013 the High Court found Peter Quinn (in absentia) personally liable to repay ā‚¬145 million of the money he illegally put out of reach of his creditors.[15][16]

1 Like

Is it possible to nominate the Quinn family? If not then Iā€™ll just nominate Quinn junior

Plus a half. Iā€™ve met two of his groomsmen for drinks over the Yuletide season as well as in-laws. Neā€™er a mention of where he is or what heā€™s up to.

Possibly some oddball trying to prove a point tweeted him the poll result. There may have been legal issues and the results amended.

1 Like