Irish Cricket

I was on a slope taking that, though there is something of a gradient on the oval itself.
All out for 67.

Much better batting performance today, currently 256/5 with 3 overs left. Andrew Balbirnie with a magnificent 105 and the O’Brien brothers, Niall with 70 and Kevin with 46 doing the damage.

We will need to win our last 2 games and hope Zimbabwe beat the Windies to have any chance of progressing.

We need to beat Afghanistan only and hope for a couple of results our way.

Need to beat Afghanistan and hope Zimbabwe beat the Windies. If the Windies win we would then need the UAE to beat Zimbabwe .

A big ask.

2 Likes

Zimbabwe get 289 in their innings, Brendan Taylor with 138 did the most damage. That’s a decent total and the Windies have some work to do, get Chris Gayle out early and who knows.

It’s very possible!

That’s good going — We could do this yet.

Windies won’t get near it.

Windies won with 4 wickets to spare … Ireland need UAE to beat Zimbabwe or they are gone.

Bollox. I thought they’d struggle to get 200.

1 Like

The UAE are currently 235/7 but the heavens have opened in Harare. There’s a real chance this could be a no result, which would mean the winner of the game between Ireland and Afghanistan tomorrow would advance to the world cup.

3 Likes

Rain saved our bacon yesterday also I believe … we’ll never curse it again if it works out for us.

Zimbabwe are out batting now and are on 70/3 chasing a revised total of 230, this is on a knife edge.

124/4, a 79 partnership has just been broken. Hon the UAE!

any update?

Zimbabs need 57 runs from 40 balls…

This is fucking horrendous for ones nerves … 55 needed off 38 balls

oh shit… big 6 there…

They’re tacking on 1s and 2s … need a wicket here…