Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
could spock kenny do this job?

His past wouldnā€™t do him any favours

To be honest there has been huge ambivalence to the whole saga . Very little online , not much in the media and fuck all talk at a junior match today I was at . Nobody discussed topic much in the pub this afternoon .

yeah
to be honest most of us involved in domestic football feel totally indifferent to the FAI anway
i agree with you to be honest ā€¦
the LOI lads are covering it allright, Cowzer and Niall O Riordan are trying to bump it
i told cowzer that nobody who is involved in football in this country reads back pages anyway due to lack of coverage

1 Like

the fact that the FAI are looking for a new manager of the MNT tells you all you need to know
they are hoping to god he will sign
but to clarify, there currently is no manager of the Irish MNT

1 Like

Itā€™d reflect terribly on my acquaintance who structured the FAIā€™s new banking facilities back in 2016 just before the Euros if theyā€™re now in financial difficulty. He told me the ā€œbase caseā€ was Ireland not qualifying for major tournaments and any additional funds generated from doing so would be shared in some way between the FAI and the bank (earlier repayment). So basically the loan repayments are sculpted on the assumption that our revenues and profits arenā€™t boosted by going to Russia. Unless heā€™s made a complete fuck up and that wouldnā€™t be like him at all. Let me check with him.

Heā€™s replied to my whatsapp already. He said my understanding is correct and theyā€™re grand.

2 Likes

Dear oh dear, so the FAI rely on qualifying for major tournaments to be solvent? Thatā€™s sounds like a Sevco FC sort of financial model. I do sympathise with them of course.

2 Likes

hang on a second, the FAIā€™s finances are grand??
what the fuck?
you were up in united park in 2016 when ye played drogheda, this was premier division footballā€¦ are you telling me that things are ā€œgrandā€? did you walk around that ground?, its fucking third world
things are as far away from ā€œgrandā€ as they have ever been
and yeah the fucking loan repayments, yes im sure there is a plan to cover that, its like ensuring that you pay the mortgage every month but you may have to live on cornflakes for a while to do soā€¦ thatā€™s where we fucking are pal

1 Like

Funny you mentioned United Park - just checked with my pal - there was money ringfenced in the 2016 deal to renovate / upgrade / save various grounds around the country. Ferrycarrig Park was saved from Cerberus, United Park was definitely on the list for a little lick of paint and possibly Colmanā€™s Park too.

i probably paid for the paint in one of those grounds id say
there was 5k given to each club in 2016 to help with their marketing of the league, Pats refused the cash as it was an insult,
i cant recall any other donations save for ā€œprizemoneyā€

www.vision-net.ie

Why are you linking me to Vision Net?

I do find it somewhat interesting that the FAI make it so difficult to review their annual reports. They just have the 2015 one at the moment. Unlike other orgs they are quick to pull old ones too. For an organisation that receives public money I find that unacceptable.

1 Like

Have a read of their AFS

Should answer all your questions

Where can I read them?

On the website

Keep up

http://www.fai.ie/domestic/fai/annual-review

I want to read the glossy annual report, why are the FAI so out of date putting it up? Incompetence or are they hiding something?

How could they be hiding something thatā€™s freely available on the website I sent you

Keep up

Freely? Where is the members letter or glossy annual report for the last financial year?

Are we going to say itā€™s incompetence then?

The afs are on the website mate

Itā€™s what you are looking for