Irish Music awards

I am all over the lovely Lisa Hannigan at 4/6 :pint:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TALENTED ACTS TIPPED FOR IRELANDS FIRST VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]

Some of Irelands top music acts including The Blizzards, Fight Like Apes, The Coronas, Lisa Hannigan and many more have all been nominated for Irelands first ever video music awards.

Tie Me Up In Jackets by alternative rock band Fight Like Apes is the 11/10 favourite with bookies Paddy Power to win the gong for Video of the Year, with Eoghan Kidney tipped to pick up the award for Best Director.

Theres nothing between JJ at 11/8 and Padraig Rushe at 13/8 in the Best Solo Male category while Lisa Hannigan is the stand out favourite at 4/6 with Paddy Power to walk away with the award for Best Solo Female.

Sharon McHugh, spokesperson for Paddy Power said: Its about time Ireland had their own Video Music Awards to recognise home-grown talent. The first IMTV Video Music Awards is already shaping up to be great night.

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]IMTV Video Music Awards 27th November[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Video of the Year[/FONT][/FONT]
11/10 Fight Like Apes - Tie Me Up In Jackets
9/4 The Blizzards - Postcards
3/1 The Coronas - Listen Dear
8/1 Duckworth Lewis Method - Mr Miriad
10/1 Valerie Francis - Punches

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Director of the Year[/FONT][/FONT]
8/11 Eoghan Kidney
7/2 Simon Eustance
5/1 Will McConnell
6/1 Lorcan Finnegan
8/1 Lindsey Byrnes

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Best Solo Male[/FONT][/FONT]
11/8 JJ - Playing The Game
13/8 Padraig Ruhse - Gonna Be A Change
5/1 Pearse McGloughlin - Ways To Kill A Werewolf
6/1 Enda Reilly - Mol An Aimsire
8/1 Yngve - Little Boy

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Best Solo Female[/FONT][/FONT]
4/6 Lisa Hannigan - Lille
3/1 Wallis Bird - To My Bones
7/2 Gemma Hayes - Home
8/1 Julie Feeney - Love Is A Tricky Thing
12/1 Miss Paula Flynn - Holiday In Sweden

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Ends[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

I have heard good things about this Wallis Bird creature, but I suspect she may be chick listening?

Yngve? That means something horrendous in Flanglish.

I must be out of the loop, never heard of any of the solo male punters. Yngve’s song sounds a bit risque though.

The Coronas are the worst band I have ever heard.

What a spectacular load of shit. (bar Lisa Hannigan)

Awards?

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/improvised-blog/snob.jpg

[quote=“Flano”]Awards?

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/improvised-blog/snob.jpg[/quote]

:smiley:

[quote=“Flano”]Awards?

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/improvised-blog/snob.jpg[/quote]

:smiley:

Mr Miriad? Mr Miandad, you ignorant of cricket organising bastards.

Wallis Bird is a Wexican, as far as I know.

[quote=“Bandage”]Mr Miriad? Mr Miandad, you ignorant of cricket organising bastards.

Wallis Bird is a Wexican, as far as I know.[/quote]

Is it Mick Wallaces girlfriend?

[quote=“Bandage”]Mr Miriad? Mr Miandad, you ignorant of cricket organising bastards.

Wallis Bird is a Wexican, as far as I know.[/quote]

Born in Meath but brought up in Bree. Fairly sound and down to earth girl who’s doing very well for herself. Getting a lot of success on the continent. Pretty weird kind of music.

Isnt there something odd about her hand? Her she has an “unorthodox” guitar style? Maybe I’m mixing her up with someone else?

Fingers chopped off by a lawnmower when she was a kid. Pretty amazing she can play the guitar.

She plays a left handed guitar back to front (or right handed, I’m not sure). Had half her fingers chopped off by a lawnmower and only some sewn back on.

Thats the one alright. Had someone trying to convince me to go see her once and told me that story, wasn’t sure if she was being for real. Thats damn impressive.

This is awful shite on tg4. Giving someone an award for playing the accordian is a joke. It’s like getting an all ireland medal for pkaying rounders.
Does every tone deaf scraper in the country not have an award by now?

Tremendous show there tonight, trad music at it’s purist. I guess it only appeals to those who understand the various nuances attached to the art of playing properly.

Having the two lads joining in halfway through the set was pure genius. They’re presenters AND they’re performers!!
That first set with joe burke was a bloody disgrace. They weren’t even in tune with one another.